• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

1st visit to new music

Aikiwolf

Reaction score
Off the back of the "Revisiting old albums" thread I thought it'd be nice to have thread covering new music/music you've just discovered.

So here we go!

New bands I'm very much enjoying right now:
Wet Leg
Bodega
Amyl and the sniffers
Fontaines DC
The Dead South
The Mysterines

Kid out of Ohio who goes by the stage name brakence.

Can’t quite put my finger on why but his music speaks to me like little else. Makes me wonder wtf I was doing with my life at 20 😂

Wet leg were recommended to me by a colleague 2 weeks ago. Interesting, and their profile is rising. Just announced a tour too.

Will have a look at some of those.
Quite liking Wille and the Bandits atm....obviously 'new bands' is relative, anything after 1990 is new to me😁

Last edited:
Love Fontaines DC, Jackie Down the Line is brilliant.

Obviously Wet Leg have only released a couple of singles but I understand they have got plenty of other material written and recorded. I am planning to watch their Glastonbury set with interest.

Fontaines DC
Seratones
La Luz

Wife is very much into Tank & The Bangas (seen them live several times).

I'm not sure if I actually like Wet Leg, or I just think I do because SM tells me I do.
Bit of a Haysi Fantayzee vibe about them, so maybe I do?

worth checking out Fontaines earlier albums, esp the first. the murder capital had an album out similar time which was really good.

looking forward to some other new albums on order, Bambara, ditz, horse girl, drug church. mysterines as well

Lianne La Havas is another I've discovered recently. More singer-songwriter.

Is it just me or are most band names really crap nowadays?

Is it just me or are most band names really crap nowadays?
They've always been really crap. Megadeth? Stryper? Bachmann-Turner Overdrive?

What's wrong with BTO? That's one of the best band names ever....simple is best

Back