• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

A New Venture

I'm at the NEC for the Festive Gift Fair and just been interviewed by a Wolverhampton radio station for a show that goes out this afternoon between 12 and 3pm. I did manage to get in there that I'm a Wolves fan...

A pretty slow day sales wise. My partner's response was "Maybe people in the Midlands aren't into their trivia, or maybe they're more stupid than Geordies and Yorkshire people"... 😳😬😂😂

Trashing Coleshill and now casting disparaging remarks about all midlanders. Carry on if she just said Brummies but she’s insulting the rest of now.

A new blog about the year we have just had at Strong Point Games, for anyone who can be bothered! 😂 A very successful year, with sales up by close to 100% on year 1. So many things we have achieved, (and so many mistakes corrected!) Next year, our number one goal is to take the leap of faith of packing in all other employment to concentrate full time on the game business.

Aside from the release of the first expansion, we have an idea we want to begin working on for a whole new game, which we are very, very excited about. We also aim to get the game into more and more retailers, and the final goal for next year is to make the game available in the US. That in itself presents a whole new set of challenges, and things we have to learn about!

Farewell 2023 and a happy, healthy and prosperous 2024 to everyone of you. 🩵🖤

Huge respect to you on this and the success is well earned.

To be in a position to be looking at being your own full time boss is amazing and even better when it's off your own idea that you have taken from a thought into a physical product.

I wish you and Mrs Dire all the best and hopefully this time next year you have nailed every target for 2024 and more.

Last edited:
That's amazing, you've put so much work into it and it looks like it's paying off, lovely to hear about, hope it carries on growing.

We're heading back down to the NEC on Tuesday next week, not exhibiting but going as delegates to the Spring Fair. The aim is to introduce ourselves and the game to the buyers from some of the big retailers and at the very least plant the seeds for future discussion. Getting in one retailer this year would feel like a huge step forward. 🤞🤞

We're heading back down to the NEC on Tuesday next week, not exhibiting but going as delegates to the Spring Fair. The aim is to introduce ourselves and the game to the buyers from some of the big retailers and at the very least plant the seeds for future discussion. Getting in one retailer this year would feel like a huge step forward. 🤞🤞
If this is patronising I promise that's not my intention. Try and find out who the buyer is for the major retailers you are targeting and send them an invite with an intriguing/unusual edge. You probably won't get them to give you an appointment, but it might pique their interest to come and see you

If this is patronising I promise that's not my intention. Try and find out who the buyer is for the major retailers you are targeting and send them an invite with an intriguing/unusual edge. You probably won't get them to give you an appointment, but it might pique their interest to come and see you
Not patronising at all! We've been doing the detective work via LinkedIn on the buyers for a few of the big games retailers, so we have some info. Because we don't actually have a stand this time, we have to be a little bit careful about how we approach things. We do have some ideas on how to go about it, often the hardest part is getting past their gatekeeper!

I've been writing again, talking bollocks. Feel free to take a gander. And please don't ignore the request!

Back