• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

A New Venture

So we're heading down to Birmingham tomorrow afternoon, begin set up for the Expo 8am Thursday morning. We think we've got everything prepared and planned for: we haven't I know! The stand, small as it is, should look pretty cool, the last question to be resolved was how much stock to have delivered, with various sources saying take wildly different amounts! Given it will be just the 2 of us for most of the time, with a couple of extra helpers part-time on Saturday, we'd basically have to be selling a game every 3 minutes for 9 hours for 3 straight days to sell out of the quantity we're going to have with us! Not very likely 😂!

So we're heading down to Birmingham tomorrow afternoon, begin set up for the Expo 8am Thursday morning. We think we've got everything prepared and planned for: we haven't I know! The stand, small as it is, should look pretty cool, the last question to be resolved was how much stock to have delivered, with various sources saying take wildly different amounts! Given it will be just the 2 of us for most of the time, with a couple of extra helpers part-time on Saturday, we'd basically have to be selling a game every 3 minutes for 9 hours for 3 straight days to sell out of the quantity we're going to have with us! Not very likely 😂!
Good luck!!

Looking forward to review of where you are staying after the trashing of Coleshill last year.

Good luck! It's a fun game :)
Thank you, appreciate it. We've improved upon it since release and are readying the first expansion pack for release towards the end of the year so keep an eye out!

• Love
Reactions: b3h
A long day, not of our doing today. We arrived to start setting up and receive a delivery, expecting the people we'd paid to install our backdrop would have done their job. They hadn't, and didn't arrive to do it until nearly 5 which meant we had a whole day of waiting expectantly for them. In the end we finished quickly and had 2 hours meeting press etc which was great.

This is our stand:

Attachments

• 20230601_203557.jpg
    20230601_203557.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 19
Managed to fight through the weekend despite feeling mostly crap, and it was great. We had so many people tell us what a great idea it was, and have 2 distributors now interested in taking us into their catalogue. We also had a publisher want to basically buy the idea off us, which is something we'd never considered before so there's that to think about! Generally sales weren't as huge as we'd hoped and been told to expect, but still were okay. The whole event was brilliant, lots of great people, and I even managed to get interviewed by the UK's largest boardgames channel called OnTableTop, which was fun.

Now to go and get a chest xray to rule out the possibility of having pneumonia...

Just ordered this and have told my sister who is big on board games to buy it as well. Shoved it on her facebook page so a few of her friends will see the link.

Hope everything is ok health wise as well

Last edited:
Just ordered this and have told my sister who is big on board games to buy it as well. Shoved it on here facebook page so a few of her friends will see the link.

Hope everything is ok health wise as well
I saw the email saying we'd had an order, assumed it was from someone who'd seen it at the Expo! Thanks for buying it, you should have messaged me I could have arranged a discount code for you! To anyone else interested in buying the game, don't be like Kenny(😂😂), message me first and I'll try and sort a 10% discount for forum members from now on.

No discount required from my end. Would rather you keep the full amount,

But will back the "don't be like Kenny" advice....not just in the purchasing of your game but in every aspect of life.

I'm gonna have to disagree, I think more people should be like Kenny.

My interview with OnTableTop (if you want to watch me sounding like a goon):

Last edited:
Quick update for anyone interested. Things are going reasonably well, we're continuing to get positive (4 or 5 stars) reviews both on our website and on Amazon. The first expansion pack of 100 new category cards is likely to be ready to send for manufacture in the next few weeks, and sales are up up by nearly 250% on this time last year. With a good 2nd half of the year, especially Autumn and Christmas, one (or both of us hopefully) will be able to pack in our jobs and concentrate full time on the game. It is pretty difficult keeping on top of things and working a full time job as well!

We also have an idea for a brand new game but it is very much in the ideas phase and is a long way down the road from even beginning to work on it properly.

Googling things about trivia based games, as we occasionally do, and came across this which we hadn't seen before:

Best product reviews rated our game the 3rd best available in the UK, behind Richard Osman's game. Gave it 9.7 and rated it exceptional. Who am I to disagree...

Just finished 4 days at the Living North Magazine Newcastle Xmas Market. We beat our single day sales record twice in the 4 days. 😊😊 We had dozens of people who'd played it saying they loved it and asking when the expansion pack is coming out! (Early next year by the way). Highlight was a guy who in amongst loads of customers at the top of his voice said "I got your game last year mate, its fucking brilliant!" 😂

Back