• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aaron McCarey fails drugs test

Not good enough on the pitch, nor off the pitch by the looks of it. Goodbye.

We will see the outcome of this FA investigation but it isnt exactly looking good for him

If it's an honest mistake by taking something he idn't know would give him a positive then fair enough. If not though then the club need to get rid.

The BBC are reporting via Gordon Taylor that all three failed tests from the last couple of days are social/ recreational drugs referencing cocaine and ecstasy

Rumoured that it was MDMA.

Rumoured that it was MDMA.

Hmmm, so MacCarey said that he doesn't know how it got into his system. I could understand that if it was cannabis, and he had been exposed to it at a party. But not MDMA. MDMA is not a drug that gets smoked. It's not something that gets into your bloodstream from passive contact. It generally comes in crystal form, sometimes in powder form, doctors used it in liquid form for research in the 50s, but generally it's swallowed or snorted, so the only realistic way to ingest it is by taking an E or snorting it.

I can't think of any other way it could have found its way into MacCareys system. He denies any knowledge but if they found traces of it in his hair sample, that's pretty conclusive. Hair strands store drugs far longer than blood or urine.

I think MacCarey probably had a mad night out, was given a dab or a line in the midst of a drunken haze and is now regretting the whole mess. IMO he should be disciplined by the club and allowed to move on. Everyone makes mistakes and in the context of things, there's worse things you could be caught doing. Adam Hammill being one example.

Was only a rumour though...

I have had ecstasy unknowingly dropped in a drink of mine before though so I can see how easily it could happen.

Could've possibly got drinks mixed up with mates who were using it whilst on a night out?

It did say it was a very small amount on the report.

Could've possibly got drinks mixed up with mates who were using it whilst on a night out?

It did say it was a very small amount on the report.

Easily done. He does seem like he's genuinely devastated about what has happened as well.

As he said in his interview, all he's got to do now is draw a line underneath what has happened and try to win his place back off Jon Flatt.

Yep, I've had X dropped in my drink at a bar before as well (without my knowledge, obviously). Made the night a Hell of a ride but then I didn't have to worry about drug testing later!

Was only a rumour though...

I have had ecstasy unknowingly dropped in a drink of mine before though so I can see how easily it could happen.

But then surely you would have known how it got in your system if you failed a drug test?

But then surely you would have known how it got in your system if you failed a drug test?

That is key. If he was pissed and had his drink spiked he would still have thought "old on this aint right?" surely? Ecstasy started off as a slimming pill ! Still lets move on now- had his wrist slapped, card marked and lesson learned

Not necessarily, if you're drunk enough a little bit wont make much of a difference.

The test only indicated a tiny amount in his system though, so potentially he wouldn't have felt any effects of it.

Back