• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

African Cup Of Nations 2017

Watched a bit of the mali - egypt game but it was slow like hell.. So didnt stand it..

Saiss playing on the left side of a back three for Morocco tonight and has bagged a goal.

And within 5 mins of me switching it on, a long shot goes straight through/over the hands of the Togo keeper to make it 3-1 Morocco.

And Togo immediately bring on some bloke called Razak Boukari...

So Morocco need a minimum of a draw against Ivory Coast to go through, or Saiss will be on his way back to us.

Ivory Coast need to win that match to go through so should be an interesting game.

Couple of absolutely class goals in today's matches. As it stands now, Cote D'Ivoire will be going out!

I forgot about today's matches.

And within 30s of switching the Togo v Congo game there's a lovely goal from Togo.

Good grief Adebayor you cheating bastard. Holds his face in his hands outside the box after a challenge, but the ball breaks free right next to him and within a second his face is perfectly fine and he has a shot on goal. I'd have booked him if I was the ref.

Banger of a freekick to put DR Congo 3-1 up there.

They look decent from this little bit I've watched.

DRC and Senegal have been the class of the group stage.

I am not sure that class is a word I would associate with this competition...

Its been shocking! International football really has gone downhill both in europe and the ACON. The only tournament worth a look now is south america and they want more teams in world cup and EC finals! Best I get my boots on I might get a game for someone.

even Scotland think its shit and thats coming from a country whose top teams outside of Celtic and Rangers would struggle to beat any team in the premiership http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/african-cup-nations-been-like-9662352

Can anyone honestly say they have seen a good game of high quality?
The one good point is that Saiss looked ok at the back in a three , but as Lambert doesnt seem to rate him much it makes little difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been shocking! International football really has gone downhill both in europe and the ACON. The only tournament worth a look now is south america and they want more teams in world cup and EC finals! Best I get my boots on I might get a game for someone.

even Scotland think its shit and thats coming from a country whose top teams outside of Celtic and Rangers would struggle to beat any team in the premiership http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/african-cup-nations-been-like-9662352

Can anyone honestly say they have seen a good game of high quality?
The one good point is that Saiss looked ok at the back in a three , but as Lambert doesnt seem to rate him much it makes little difference.

I must admit I rarely watch international football now, apart from the European and World finals. I would rather go down the road and watch Barwell or Hinckley play.

QF Lineup:

Burkina Faso v Tunisia
Senegal v Cameroon
Congo DR v Ghana
Egypt v Morocco

Burkina Faso 1-0 up after 80 mins from a free kick.

And then have just had a shot hit the post and then one cleared off the line!

2-0 game over.

Two v keeper on the break. Keeper came out 40 yards.

How's this for a bronze medal winning goal??

Back