• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

All about catching fish

My dream (more accurate than 'target') is a double figure brownie on the dry. I think a couple that I've hooked lost in recent years, and had some kind of sight of, might have come close, and I'm getting closer with my PB being just under 8lb. It's exciting enough knowing they are out there, and often extremely close in to the bank at this time of year (I'm a lone bank angler). Better anglers than I that I bump into now and again have the same unrealised objective though. The odds go right out from mid-June onwards though in my experience.

Really May is just too short for me. I'd love to be out on the little beck catching tricky little trout, not least as I spend a good amount of time in the winter on working parties rewilding the stream. But when the time comes around the pull of those big Rutland fish, which are near wild anyway, gets me heading there instead. A bit like the Wolves, despite the blanks it keeps drawing me back and once I've got my season ticket I'm all in!

My other 'target' each year is just to enjoy it and my 'technique' is not labour intensive but simpler each season if anything. Highlights of the fishing season are my now rare days or weekends away with old schoolmates who still fish. Like Paul and Bob, just with much worse jokes.

Always enjoyed fishing when younger but never really had the time when family arrived, as my kids never enjoyed it. Might take it up again as they've got older.

Just come across this on my news feed.

Been fishing a millio times, but lacked the patience to get hooked.
Having lived abroad for many years, greece, spain, portugal, france just loved snorkelling with a decent powerful spear gun.
Scary? Well in my last year in tenerife, i was on the boat just about to jump in when a sharks fin slid gently past the side of the boat. Spent my last months there admiring the sea from a bar.
Got into it big time here in greece, perfect for me, not a sunbather, so little lady toasting on the beach, me under water whete its lovely and cool.
Got an octopus once that was big enough to scare the shit out of me., too old and too many fags now. Hey ho.

I'm a 5 foot 8 petite blonde with gsoh looking for a fun time.

What a great weekend to be a trout angler, perfect conditions for once. Some nice fish in the last hour of light at Rutland on Saturday night but an hour and a half on my tiny beck yesterday afternoon was the real highlight. 4 wild brown trout, the biggest about 1.5lb which is a bit of a beauty for a stream you can jump over in parts. On a 6.5ft two weight rod they’re great to catch on a dry fly. A couple of mayfly seen as well - that festival of food should really kick off in a week or two.

Back