• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Applause - 16 minutes

The Saturday Boy

Reaction score
Hope this is OK to post.

Liberty, with her mom, hosted a radio show on Black Country Radio immediately before mine on a Saturday morning so I would often see her as we swapped over. It is a tragic loss.

Liberty and a young lad Ben (who I also know) both lost their lives on that night. This below is a post from Liberty’s dad.

Sadly, we lay my beautiful 16-year-old daughter to rest on the 30th Dec. after a tragic road traffic accident a few weeks ago.

Liberty was a loving Wolves fan, She loved her footy, supporting the wolves and even as a 3 year old supporting her brother who went on a week’s long Man U soccer school hence her in a Man U shirt. When not watching the Wolves, she’d often be seen watching her brothers Sunday league team come rain or shine. However Wolves were her first love and had been since her first game at the age of 10, she just loved it at the Molineux and after many games of me taking her up there in 2017 she convinced me to get us both a season ticket (not that I needed much convincing).

So J7 in the Steve Bull stand will never be the same again without her beautiful soul in it cheering on her team, giving her running commentary of the game. So, I’d like to ask every single Wolves fan if they’d join with me, her 2 brothers and close friends in a 1-minute applause starting on the 16th minute at the next home game against Manchester United (31/12/22) to celebrate her short but happy life. It would mean so much to us all especially of course to Liberty.

Please feel free to share the post and thank you.

Been seeing about this on Facebook today, such a tragic waste of life.

I'm generally not a fan of these constant minutes of applauses during the game but I am supportive of this one.

RIP Liberty

Such a senseless and tragic loss.

Back