• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Shots on target is a nonsense stat in isolation. Working cut backs which get blocked are far better chances than 25 yards dribblers and 15 yard headers for example.
I totally agree, which is why i was arguing with those who are choosing to add credence to it, especially when so few of those shots were even on target.

It makes sense that you are less likely to enjoy watching us Mark, you're not a Wolves fan after all.

My enjoyment of a game isn't determined by any fondness for the people playing but by the way they play, I think your emotional attachment is clouding your judgement.

Pogba doesn't hide? What a bizarre example to use, he's spent most of his career at United hiding, the bloke has the heart of a pea.

Pogba doesn't hide? What a bizarre example to use, he's spent most of his career at United hiding, the bloke has the heart of a pea.
He's an absolute flake, makes a lot of terrible decisions and his work rate is often embarrassing, but he almost always wants the ball for better or worse. Not dissimilar to Podence in that respect.

I totally agree, which is why i was arguing with those who are choosing to add credence to it, especially when so few of those shots were even on target.
They aren’t adding credence to it? They are supporting what I’m saying? They worked loads of opportunities that we blocked, and that doesn’t even include the countless time we got a toe in and scrambled it away before they got a shot away.

Don't think stats generally pick out blocked shots do they? So of the 25 shots or whatever it was the 5 on target or just the ones that made it through to the keeper, half of the other 20 could've been goal bound but don't class as on target if a defender blocks them I think?

Don't think stats generally pick out blocked shots do they? So of the 25 shots or whatever it was the 5 on target or just the ones that made it through to the keeper, half of the other 20 could've been goal bound but don't class as on target if a defender blocks them I think?
They do

Sky sports appear to seperate them. So possibly as many as 15 shots on target but only 5 of those made it through to Sa as 11 were blocked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220224-232927.png
    Screenshot_20220224-232927.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 5
half of the other 20 could've been goal bound but don't class as on target if a defender blocks them I think?
what you said here was correct, I just missed it. My “they do” was that stats do pick up blocked shots.

Attachments

• B6F661BF-CB3E-4AD4-AF3E-133E77A8DF91.png
    B6F661BF-CB3E-4AD4-AF3E-133E77A8DF91.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 5
Was out do followed on my phone, a tough one to take but we can't afford a hangover from it. A last minute loss at the Emirates will always be tough but it shows how good a season we are having.

West Ham is a big one for us now, get something and Europe is still alive.

Let's just say I'm not upset that I wasn't able to watch this one.

What am I losing exactly?

I like to watch football, I don't need to care who wins for that to be possible.
You miss the emotional attachment to a club, it's ground, it's history, it's fans, the good moments mean more, the bad moments mean more.

It all just means more, you are losing that.

You miss the emotional attachment to a club, it's ground, it's history, it's fans, the good moments mean more, the bad moments mean more.

It all just means more, you are losing that.
I don't care about that, it's of no loss to me.

I just like to see them kick it about in an entertaining way, that's all I need, it's just simple entertainment to me, nothing more.

Tough one to lose but it seems to me we're just a bit lacking individually, think we're the best team from a togetherness point, but Arsenal and Utd just have more good players. 4th was a nice dream (and still not out of the question) but realistically we're in there fighting for 6th with West Ham and Spurs....still a lot to be happy about this season.

Back