• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (H) 20/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Jammy goal that. Undeserved

It’s just completely standard for how our luck has been this season. The shite VAR calls, the injuries & then you put in a half like we just have with everything going against us and they shank one in like that.

It’s always Wolves isn’t it?
I am gutted - nothing seems to go our way recently.

He got a nudge in the back and tried to buy a free kick and cost us a goal. It gets given at the other end mind.

It's gonna be a tough 2nd half. A bit unlucky with the goal, though Doherty was fucking weak as piss. Chirewa has done alright at times, he looks the best of the youngsters who have had a run in the 1st team. Traore and Doyle have been good up against a very good midfield. Hwang has done nothing. Nothing to shock anyone who has seen us, the weaknesses that have been there all season are still there.

Good energy from us but you can tell Arsenal are one pass from unlocking us. A lot of luck about their goal and we get no fortune down t'other end. Good reflex save from Gomes keeps it 0-0. Expect Arsenal to ramp it up a bit second half as we tire. No real complaints from me other than anther shit refereeing performance from you know who.

Hard not to be impressed by the performance though I think. We've competed, defended very well, had numbers on the counter even if the quality hasn't been there, and we've had some good spells of possession that will have been beneficial from a work rate pov. Keep as we for 70 minutes and if it's still only one nil then chuck RAN and Sarabia on and see if we can fluke a draw. Best I've seen of Traore, Doyle, Toti and Gomes all excellent too

Hard not to be impressed by the performance though I think. We've competed, defended very well, had numbers on the counter even if the quality hasn't been there, and we've had some good spells of possession that will have been beneficial from a work rate pov. Keep as we for 70 minutes and if it's still only one nil then chuck RAN and Sarabia on and see if we can fluke a draw. Best I've seen of Traore, Doyle, Toti and Gomes all excellent too
I don’t see him risking RAN today.

Obviously it’s all about Arsenal as far as Sky are concerned. Nauseating stuff.

You blame him when he isn't at fault, so seems fair to blame him when he is.
I blame him mainly when he can’t be arsed. Plenty of times he’s just totally absent as he strolls back. It’s not usually mistakes it’s just total non-presence. Appreciate that probably doesn’t come across that much on TV.

It's gonna be a tough 2nd half. A bit unlucky with the goal, though Doherty was fucking weak as piss. Chirewa has done alright at times, he looks the best of the youngsters who have had a run in the 1st team. Traore and Doyle have been good up against a very good midfield. Hwang has done nothing. Nothing to shock anyone who has seen us, the weaknesses that have been there all season are still there.
Been surprised by Chirewa, previous bits I've seen have been very underwhelming but he's far from lost so far tonight, positioning himself well out of possession.

Good performance, all things considered. I haven`t jumped on the Doc is shit bandwagon up to now but, he really is a poor footballer now.

I don’t see him risking RAN today.

Obviously it’s all about Arsenal as far as Sky are concerned. Nauseating stuff.
Might depend if it`s still 1-0 as the game progresses.

Been surprised by Chirewa, previous bits I've seen have been very underwhelming but he's far from lost so far tonight, positioning himself well out of possession.
Agreed - he’s done well.

I think Hwang has been alright really, hasn't been a threat, but we look so much better as a team having an actual forward playing as a forward.
We do, but he's still frustrating. Falls over far too easily, poor control, and pretends he's hurt when someone brushes against him.

Im fine with blaming Doherty for stuff. It just beats me how Semedo gets off Scot free. Goals against Newcastle, Coventry, Burnley and plenty more all down to him and no one says a word. A right wing back/full back needs adding to the list of players required.

Back