• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (H) Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
did someone take off traores cleats or something

We were generally well in control until the last five minutes; undone by a nasty deflection.

Our passing going forward hasn't been there, though, and Dendoncker and Neves aren't making an impact going forward, which is leaving Traore and Jiminez pretty isolated against three defenders.

Neto or Jota on soon after HT, I would expect.

Loads of space between arsenals defence and midfield, we are just not using it.

We've been pretty awful so far. Not much positive to say. No attacking threat at all.

That was poor defending by Boly waving a leg out in my view. Saiss probably not close enough to his man but it came from a failure to deal properly with the cross field ball.

We don’t even bother trying to score in first halves do we?

We've created some good situations but not really tested them

Agree. Shame we’ve conceded a goal like that. Quite silly from Boly, and then very fortunate it lands to Saka like that

Need Jota on the pitch. Not been able to progress the ball quite well enough (though we have done a couple of lovely moves up the pitch)

First half hasn't really differed to any of our post lockdown games, other than we've let the opposition score. In fact the majority of our first halves this season have been like this, anyone expecting different obviously hasn't been paying attention.

That was poor defending by Boly waving a leg out in my view. Saiss probably not close enough to his man but it came from a failure to deal properly with the cross field ball.

I did not see it as that. Boly was running back the ball player behind him had to try and cut it out.

Saiss ball watching Doc not close enough to Tierney

Nothing has really changed from the first 3 games, we controlled things fine until the goal. This is the problem though if a team takes the lead and we are showing them too much respect their 3 CBs are Mustafi Luiz and Kolasinac so they are there to be got at buy we've not really laid a glove on them in an attacking sense yet.

Nothing has really changed from the first 3 games, we controlled things fine until the goal. This is the problem though if a team takes the lead and we are showing them too much respect their 3 CBs are Mustafi Luiz and Kolasinac so they are there to be got at buy we've not really laid a glove on them in an attacking sense yet.

Kolasinac and particularly Mustafi have been uncharacteristically good so far.

I did not see it as that. Boly was running back the ball player behind him had to try and cut it out.

Saiss ball watching Doc not close enough to Tierney
Ah look it was a defensive calamity all round, I can't disagree. I just felt like Boly was half-hearted there with his attempt to block.

Poor defending for the goal, the entire right side of the pitch only had doc, boly, Tierney and pea in it, and that's asking for trouble, subsequent deflections or not

Not been great really, coadys been a bit sloppy on the ball, donk has offered little, adama is struggling and Raul has barely seen the ball. I doubt hell change until the hour but we need Neto on for donk ASAP[SUP][/SUP]

Standard wolves first half we’ve just given away a shit goal like earlier in the season. Traore upfront hasn’t worked, Arsenal have been organised and deep out of possession which means he’s playing back to goal mostly. 3-4-3 required, Jota for me.

I’ll probably take 1-1 here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back