• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I didn’t ask for us to sack him tomorrow, mate.

@Tony Towner has nailed it, we ostensibly play five guys in our central block and yet we constantly leave the area completely vacated, which in turns exposes Kilman’s slow thinking, Santi’s slow body, and Toti’s slow feet.

I don’t think we’re far off being solid in that regard but it will take targeted tweaking and Gary hasn’t yet identified it. That’s a bit of a concern.
Well that's jolly good of you.

When we have something that resembles a passable front line for a premier league side we pick up points and score goals. We had a kid up front today that I don't actually remember the ball being passed to...not once...we have Sarabia who im pretty sure id beat in a foot race (im 43) and Lamina being played hopelessly out of position.......all of this away from home to a team going for top four.

The guy has us mid table when all i heard in August was that he was taking us down.

Genuinely cant believe some of the stuff i'm reading tonight tbh.

We had two goals. Avoid breaching FFP and stay up. Mission achieved with plenty of games to go. I'm quite sure we will struggle over the last few games. C'est la vie.

It's also on Shi that we have got to teh Prem and stayed here this time. And it's also on Shi that Fosun have invested and spent money. Naturally, we still have some ungrateful sods who don't understand that today you can't keep on spending and that when you do spend, you are taking something of a gamble on every player you sign.
How wonderful, we have a squad so thin we missed the chance of a Cup semi final and despite a manager working wonders a push for Europe is derailed by a couple of injuries. I don't think expecting better than three teenagers with no first team experience when two first team regulars and a bit part player are injured is ungrateful.

How wonderful, we have a squad so thin we missed the chance of a Cup semi final and despite a manager working wonders a push for Europe is derailed by a couple of injuries. I don't think expecting better than three teenagers with no first team experience when two first team regulars and a bit part player are injured is ungrateful.
It's comedically stupid, but as the old saying goes...

Well that's jolly good of you.

When we have something that resembles a passable front line for a premier league side we pick up points and score goals. We had a kid up front today that I don't actually remember the ball being passed to...not once...we have Sarabia who im pretty sure id beat in a foot race (im 43) and Lamina being played hopelessly out of position.......all of this away from home to a team going for top four.

The guy has us mid table when all i heard in August was that he was taking us down.

Genuinely cant believe some of the stuff i'm reading tonight tbh.
There is a difference between slating and recognizing areas that should be improved.

Played pretty well for decent chunks of that but with the injuries we clearly lack goal threat, and with that in mind we simply cannot miss chances like the one RAN had. I might have backed us to manage the game from 1-0 up as well as Villa really weren't great.

Poor goals to give away. Never a FK for the first but we don't clear it properly and Sa must do better than that. Not high into the roof of the net and nowhere near the corner. Then Doyle caught on the ball to mar an otherwise good performance, Kilman backing off doing nothing yet again and Santi with an unconvincing effort from there, fluke finish though it was.

Even one of Neto, Cunha or Hwang available and we're a different proposition, but that's where we are and that's what the club chose to do in January.

Joao Gomes MOTM.

On to Tuesday where we have to target a win if we're after Europe.

Played pretty well for decent chunks of that but with the injuries we clearly lack goal threat, and with that in mind we simply cannot miss chances like the one RAN had. I might have backed us to manage the game from 1-0 up as well as Villa really weren't great.

Poor goals to give away. Never a FK for the first but we don't clear it properly and Sa must do better than that. Not high into the roof of the net and nowhere near the corner. Then Doyle caught on the ball to mar an otherwise good performance, Kilman backing off doing nothing yet again and Santi with an unconvincing effort from there, fluke finish though it was.

Even one of Neto, Cunha or Hwang available and we're a different proposition, but that's where we are and that's what the club chose to do in January.

Joao Gomes MOTM.

On to Tuesday where we have to target a win if we're after Europe.
You can't criticise Sa for the goal, people who are clueless will give you laughing emojis

You can't criticise Sa for the goal, people who are clueless will give you laughing emojis
Sá holds blame obv but tbh Kilman misjudging the pace is worse to me.

Well you can't criticise him either and certainly don't call him a coward because he repeatedly refuses to try and throw his body in front of a goalbound shot

I've seen Kilman lose concentration many times, and make poor decisions, I've never seen him bottle a challenge or a block though, and he certainly didn't do that tonight either.

He's certainly never done anything bad enough to call him a coward, that was absolutely ridiculous.

Some peoples don't half turn into cry babies when we lose.

I've seen Kilman lose concentration many times, I've never seen him bottle a challenge or a block though, and he certainly didn't do that tonight either.

He's certainly never done anything bad enough to call him a coward either, that was absolutely ridiculous.

Some peoples don't half turn into cry babies when we lose.
Well done you. He's a footballing coward

Wow, a few salty people on here tonight. No-one is happy with the situation as it is, it feels like GON has been seriously let down by the people above him. But honestly, some of the comments from some of the hard-core posters on here, who repeatedly criticise those who make OTT comments on the match day thread, are a little bit embarrassing. Maybe they're drunk.

Wow, a few salty people on here tonight. No-one is happy with the situation as it is, it feels like GON has been seriously let down by the people above him. But honestly, some of the comments from some of the hard-core posters on here, who repeatedly criticise those who make OTT comments on the match day thread, are a little bit embarrassing. Maybe they're drunk.
The drunk allegation is always pretty lame, I'm sat in my lounge and had nothing stronger to drink than a decaf coffee

About as predictable a result and pattern to a game as you can get.
Not a lot else can be said just very unfortunate that our season is being derailed by squad depth.
The brief was simple at the start of the season stay up.
That’s long achieved, so Jeff can sit and relax at jolly good job well done.
Bollocks to everything else the big pay day is coming again.
Facts are simple a few extra bodies and we’re probably looking forward to Wembley and a concerted effort at Europe.

In that case you don't really have much of an excuse for some of your ridiculous posts then, do you?
You've got a Mark love, so I'll let you reflect on that. Everything I've said I stand by

Back