• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I couldn't care less about a reaction from Mark or anyone else, generally. I'm not surprised by you standing by your posts, let's face it you are never, ever wrong about anything.
It's not true, I've been wrong on countless occasions and said so on here, it amuses me that's the prism you always see me through though

It’s just so frustrating watching opportunities needlessly pass by and the fault is mainly at the door of recruitment and chairman.
Only 1 trip to Wembley since it was rebuilt, 1 European tour in 40 years.
But it’s been a good season because we’re here again in August to not get in Europe again or compete for a cup.
Blame kind of sits with the authorities in creating a system that pigeon holes every club in a certain bracket. But we’re as to blame with 3 years of brain dead transfers.

I don't think what Sa does on the first goal is all that different from Martinez on the RAN chance.

Similar situations in how the ball drops fortunately for an attacker to have a free hit at goal, all though obviously much closer in for RAN. Keeper is out of position as the chances occur from a bit of random fortune so they have to react quickly, both play the odds and dive across to the side where the biggest gap is. Both at the mercy of the forward and how they choose to finish but one gets the favour of the odds whereas the other doesn't.

Martinez would look just as daft if RAN had lifted the ball to any extent, Sa pulls off a save if Diaby hits it a bit lower.

I think if Sà waits to see where the shot goes he would have zero chance. He has to try to predict based on body position etc of the attacker where the shot will go.

How many fucking 50-50 challenges did we bottle?

There 2nd Doyle shit himself and pulled out

There were definitely plenty of weak challenges today but can't agree with your example of Doyle there at all.

The season has been derailed by complete & utter incompetence from Fosun (Hi Jeff).

Of course there’s always elements of a game where the manager & players can look at themselves & think “I/we could have done that better”, but I’m finding it really difficult to put any of the blame on them.

The blame instead, goes to the borderline gross negligence of the owners.

Absolutely laughable squad depth and ignorance that they thought we could get through the remainder of the season with the squad size we had.

Genuinely feel sorry for the players and Gaz at this point.

Correct he still bottled the fucking challenge, as did half our fucking team.

Instead of the grammar check, why not tell me why we won no 50-50 challenge in a Midlands derby
I dunno. I was asleep. I do know Villa are SO not our rivals that it is barely a derby anyway. You seem to be the only one bringing that up to, strangely enough.

Just got back. Thought we competed well but had no cutting edge at all. As we all knew anyway.
Actually feel sorry for the rest of the team, and for the fans who travelled. Sang their hearts out but for nowt.

Not commenting on the match as thats been done though went much as expected. If Ait Nouri had scored (which he should) then who knows, but it didn't happen.

Can't accept serious criticism of GON - he has no real experience at this level and is still learning. He has achieved real safety for another season (and a decent if finally flawed FA cup run) when all pundits were predicting relegation having only the deck of cards delivered by Fosun with no joker cards to play. Fact is we are substituting teenagers for others during games as we have no depth at all.

Would not be unhappy with him staying on - how he does depends on Fosun's desire to improve on what we do for the last few games and how much more he can grow. Cannot be believe that some are mentioning his name in relation to MU if Ten Hag is dispensed with - don't go there Gary you are not ready..

Europe was probably always a pipe dream - stay about the top half and he will still have done more than expected.

The season has been derailed by complete & utter incompetence from Fosun (Hi Jeff).

Of course there’s always elements of a game where the manager & players can look at themselves & think “I/we could have done that better”, but I’m finding it really difficult to put any of the blame on them.

The blame instead, goes to the borderline gross negligence of the owners.

Absolutely laughable squad depth and ignorance that they thought we could get through the remainder of the season with the squad size we had.

Genuinely feel sorry for the players and Gaz at this point.
Gross negligence would have been an Everton or Forest situation.

Back