• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Back in the Day. The Real Wolfie.

Quirkafleeg

EMF Band Member. Dube player.
Reaction score
Steve Bird I think was his name and he was the the Wolfie. We all remember the Wolfie and three little pigs incident. It was pure theatre. Does anybody remember the home game after the Bristol City game, think it was Newcastle (correct me if Im wrong) it was all quiet then the Rocky music come on the tannoy and Ower Wolfie strode out with his chest held high. I have never laughed so much in my life, Im laughing as we type this. Brilliant entertainment...

Nostalgia trip over...

Sheffield United I think? As the game at Brizzle was Colin Lee's first in charge when we won 6-1 and Connolly scored four.

Steve Bird I think was his name and he was the the Wolfie. We all remember the Wolfie and three little pigs incident. It was pure theatre. Does anybody remember the home game after the Bristol City game, think it was Newcastle (correct me if Im wrong) it was all quiet then the Rocky music come on the tannoy and Ower Wolfie strode out with his chest held high. I have never laughed so much in my life, Im laughing as we type this. Brilliant entertainment...

Nostalgia trip over...

We got bollocked by the FA for doing that.

It was worth it. One of those things from supporting Wolves that you will never forget.

During the 90's we were sods. We got told off for that music, we also got done for taunting the away team via the Video Walls. We also had a cartoon review of previous games in the Match Day Programme that pushed the limits at times

I may actually go through my old programs and get some snaps of them and post them on here..

I think one we got told off for was to do with Swindon Town. After they got done for financial stuff we refereed to them as "Swindle Town"

Someone called Gavin Kidd did it for quite a while, think he got sacked because they caught him smoking a spliff in his car on the North Bank car park. Pretty sure he was on Central news once when someone nicked the Wolfie suit out of his car.

I remember the video wall when they'd put the laughing clown face on when the away team would miss a sitter ..lol

Back