• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Banter or Hate?

CovJet

Reaction score
Dear Pack,

I’ve been a Wolves fan for over 50 years and many of you will have completed a questionnaire for me on homophobia three years ago. I wrote a paper on the findings which is due for publication next year. I’m now looking to expand and update my data.

I’m a Senior Teaching Fellow at Birmingham City University, writing academic papers as part of my PhD portfolio (Koln University). My research has a focus on the language used by football fans at games – for some people it’s ‘banter’ and for others, it has become a ‘hate crime’. It is a complex, emotive issue.

I want to find out what you think of the language used – I want you to be honest.

The questionnaire is entirely voluntary and completely anonymous. I will only use the data I obtain for academic papers and once complete I will share the data with you on this forum. I have ethical approval granted from Koln University and approval from your administrator for this forum. I will be comparing your answers with those from supporters of Arsenal, Watford, Plymouth, Ipswich Chelsea, Brighton, Cardiff, Bolton and Newcastle.

The questionnaire should only take you a couple of minutes and I would like to thank you in advance. Here is the link:

Meanwhile, let’s hope we can add a few quality (or good value) signings…UPTW!

Kind regards,

Peter Evans

Done - made me think!
Thank you, much appreciated. It's a complex issue and I've had an unbelievable response so far. Hoping I get a lot of responses from Wolves fans so that the data is viable.

Completed, although my experience of Wolves ended before the start of last season as I was emigrating. Hope that is not a problem

Took a good while to load, but done.
Now live in greece so not a regular attendee.

Well done Peter. Questionnaire completed here in Bogota where there is an openly lesbian city mayor. Society needs to advance whether it is in Bogota, Koeln, Birmingham, Wolverhampton or elsewhere.

Back