• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

BHA 0 - Wolves 1 The highway robbery verdict thread

I sense a ROFLCOPTER coming up.

You could possibly make an argument for Dicko but outside of that you're on a hiding to nothing.

You could and the absence of Dicko is so noticeable however he's not much use right now..

Well that is clearly not true.

It is true. Dicko is clearly the better centre forward of the two as I stated yesterday, but he is injured.

Afobe is a passenger when used as a lone striker, he can't play with his back to goal as he can't hold the ball up and bring others into play.

It is true. Dicko is clearly the better centre forward of the two as I stated yesterday, but he is injured.

Afobe is a passenger when used as a lone striker, he can't play with his back to goal as he can't hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Did you go to Charlton away? He was the best player on the pitch second half as the lone striker.

It's not about him being the 'lone striker' that's the issue. He is more than capable of shielding the ball, holding the ball up and laying it off. Just not for ten minutes each time. The issue is there isn't anyone near him within a 50 yard radius. If we had Graham and Henry/Byrne pushing up and supporting him to help make a front three he could play higher up the pitch himself, play off the defender's shoulder and cause all sorts of problems. The opposition are always quite clearly worried about Afobe's pace and runs behind but we never make anything of it.

So you agree with me then. He is "no use to us right now"..... the way we are using him.

No striker is any use to us the way we are playing as there isn't any kind of plan when our team has the ball.

There is a big difference between him being less effective because of the formation and style we are playing and him declining as a player. If we had Sako and Dicko back I'm sure we'd see the Afobe of the second half of last season. Clearly we aren't going to so the manager should be creating a formation and style that replicates this as closely as possible to get the best out of our best player. He hasn't, which is one of his many failings this season.

Back