• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bit of perspective needed..

Only option is bringing in unattached players but there's usually a reason why players don't have a club.

I wouldn't call myself miserable, I think I'm rather optimistic by nature, I do believe, however, that us not signing a striker could be the difference between a serious challenge or being on the periphery. Bonatini has done OK in the games he's started, he hasn't excelled, he has done well though. It has been a successful window, there's no doubting that, I'm just a little bit disappointed that we didn't go that step further which could ultimately be the difference. The Championship is always a nightmare and I think this season is going to be more so than usual. I think we were more than matched by Cardiff and Brentford and many more teams are going to do the same, it would have been much better had we signed a quality striker who fits the mould of what Nuno wants, having said that if none were available then it was better to sign nobody.

There's a bit of truth in this, but tarpaulin it's not. Maybe a well thatched straw roof that will do for 6 months, but not much longer...

Lifespan of a straw thatched roof - 15 to 25 years.

I think the difference this time is if we can't sign better than what we have we won't sign them. As others have said there were players we could have got but are they better than Bonatini, Cav or Wilson? We do need another striker but some of the names being banded about were no better than we got rid of. I am disappointed the Dutch lad didn't join really shit from PSV that.

I still think we will score goals I really hope Zyro can play a part he looked sharp in his brief appearance at Southampton and has some of the qualities we need.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah tbf Zyro looks like he's got some of the qualities that that role requires, good touch and awareness. Could be....like a new signing

I always knew Moxey had an account on here..

Mixed feelings for me. Delighted with the main bulk of our business in the transfer window. I don't think we've ever had a window where practically *every* new signing has directly improved our starting 11. However, I just can’t shake that feeling of disappointment off due to yesterday’s complete anti-climax. I mentioned it last night, but it sort of feels like we’ve got stuck on 99% of a load screen.

It doesn’t help that our last two results in the league were a defeat and a draw – proving we’re still a player or two short of a top team in this division – and that was with the likes of Neves, Jota & Boly all featuring. I’m happy to look at the flip side of that scenario, and that is we’ve still got Helder Costa to welcome back at some point – but that seems like a while away and we shouldn’t be relying on a player who hasn’t featured in pre-season at all to come back and hit the ground running immediately, no matter how good we all know he is.

At the end of the day, we were clearly after a forward. Nuno and his team knew we needed one, we got close yesterday, but ultimately failed. The whole Locadia episode from yesterday brought back memories of the Julen Lopetegui situation from not so long ago. Are Fosun too trusting when it comes to the people we are dealing with? Or are they a bit naive? Or is it just bad luck? Perhaps a mixture of all of those things – but I don’t think anyone can blame fans for being disappointed with the way the window ended. Perspective is certainly needed, but you know what football fans are like.

100% agree

we are a Centre forward short of winning this division, hopefully we can stay in close touch and get him in January, then push on, my fear is January will see us in 5th or 6th, and to far away from the top 2, that said we could still make the play off's.
Disappointing we let Dicko go without a replacement signed / Signing. He looked sharp after missing last season's pre season, and has scored. He would have been a decent player to bring on for the last 30 minutes as we did against Brentford, where he looked a better goal scoring threat than Bonatini

Dicko as gone, get over it. I liked him but he wasn't the same player and he knew he wasn't going to fit in with Nuno's way of playing. Shame that we didn't get a replacement, but I would rather wait than sign anyone just to a appease the fans.

Dicko as gone, get over it. I liked him but he wasn't the same player and he knew he wasn't going to fit in with Nuno's way of playing. Shame that we didn't get a replacement, but I would rather wait than sign anyone just to a appease the fans.

Yes he has gone, but he should not have until we got a replacement in.
he scored 1 and but for a superb piece of defending V Brentford would have got his second of the season. Don't mind letting him go because he does not fit in, but letting him go without a replacement signed was poor.

he scored 1 and but for a superb piece of defending V Brentford would have got his second of the season. Don't mind letting him go because he does not fit in, but letting him go without a replacement signed was poor.

And but for falling on his arse 2 yards out in the 2nd minute vs Southampton he might have had another... You can add the rubbish shot into the side netting from a stupid angle when there was a player free for an open goal tap-in in another game if you like. He was looking poor to avaerage, the same as he did last season

Personally, I think its the best window ever, but recruitment must be facing a few serious questions at the next weekly review meeting.

I think we should have confirmed a new striker before letting Dicko go..... that may come back to haunt us. We have bad luck when it comes to our strikers getting injured.......

worst-transfer-window-ever.jpg

I haven't seen anybody on here say it's been a bad transfer window, it is OK to be critical without others trying to throw ridicule at those who are, in my opinion.

I just wanted to post that picture tbh.

So what you're saying is Dicko didn't score against Brentford and some of us are saying he made a piss poor decision that cost us the draw against Cardiff. So no goals at all.

I like Nouha and think he's a good player in the right system. It's not our system.

It's been a good window, with some players signing that we have no right to sign, still does not mean I cannot be critical of us failing to land a striker, however we all know we were trying to land one, just never happened for whatever reason. I do not buy Wolves pulling the plug.

I Do think it will cause us some issues, Zyro could turn into Dicko post Injury, he was out longer.
There does not seem to be a Youngster battling away for the shirt, which is a shame, as I would love a Youngster (preferably English) to come through and make me eat my words.

So what you're saying is Dicko didn't score against Brentford and some of us are saying he made a piss poor decision that cost us the draw against Cardiff. So no goals at all.

I like Nouha and think he's a good player in the right system. It's not our system.

Better than Nothing which is where we are, we have one central striker, and a bunch of could play there. has played no where near the games Bonatini played but has scored 1 less goal.

I can be critical of the club and in this I think they have made a mistake

Wilson is English, Brexit Barry. Just scored against a Premier League team. Will he do?

There does not seem to be a Youngster battling away for the shirt, which is a shame, as I would love a Youngster (preferably English) to come through and make me eat my words.

Did you miss Donovan Wilson scoring in the league cup against Southampton then? He also made his first team debut last season. Looks a real prospect too.

Did you miss Donovan Wilson scoring in the league cup against Southampton then? He also made his first team debut last season. Looks a real prospect too.

Saw him, but he has been nowhere near the league match day squad, hope he comes through and puts pressure on, I think others will be on the bench in front of him.

Back