• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn (A) Build-Up 29/10/16

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
I said we needed to win before the Leeds game. We really need to win now. Especially given the standard of opposition. I'll work on the basis for now that Zenga's still going to be in charge...

-------------------------Ikeme------------------------

Silvio-------------Batth--------Hause-----------Borthwick-Jackson

---------------Edwards---------Saiss------------------

---------Costa---------Teixeira-------Cavaleiro-----------

------------------------Bodvarsson------------------------------

Subs: Lonergan, Iorfa, Stearman, Coady, Price, Oniangue, Dicko

2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2014/15: W 3-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2012/13: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2011/12: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2010/11: L 2-3 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2009/10: D 1-1 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2003/4: D 2-2 (H), L 1-5 (A)
2000/1: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)

I see Evans isn't included in the U23's tonight. Odd as we was declared back in training nearly 2 weeks ago. So no game time at all...but will Walter drop him in next to Saiss?

I see Evans isn't included in the U23's tonight. Odd as we was declared back in training nearly 2 weeks ago. So no game time at all...but will Walter drop him in next to Saiss?
You'd think if that was the plan he'd get an hour tonight

DW's team for me but wouldn't be worried if Coady replaced Edwards. I'm a bit concerned about Bod, wonder if his all action style is catching up with him, trouble is we don't really have any alternative

.........................Ikeme
Silvio.........Batth...........Hause......Borthwick-Jackson
..........................Saiss
............Coady................Oniangue
Costa..............Bodvarsson............Cavaleiro

Lonergan, Doherty, Iorfa, Edwards, Teixeira, John, Dicko

I'd go with GFFH's team, but as a 4231 rather than a 433 / 4123

Me too, saiss and coady sitting deeper. We need someone (Saiss?) to pick passes better from deep.

It'll be an evening in the company of Sky for me. Enjoy Blackburn away but it's a no from me next weekend.

I said we needed to win before the Leeds game. We really need to win now. Especially given the standard of opposition. I'll work on the basis for now that Zenga's still going to be in charge...

So then, what now? Don't think anyone can predict the team, but that at least is nothing new

Given that he is our only out and out goalscorer I want to see Dicko starting even though he hasn't been quite at the races. If it's big Sam coming in then we may get to find out if this group of plates can play 4-4-2. I also want Cav in for Edwards other than that it will be fun trying to guess. If Edwards is in charge it will be very interesting to see if he picks a similar team to Walt.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Given that he is our only out and out goalscorer I want to see Dicko starting even though he hasn't been quite at the races. If it's big Sam coming in then we may get to find out if this group of plates can play 4-4-2. I also want Cav in for Edwards other than that it will be fun trying to guess. If Edwards is in charge it will be very interesting to see if he picks a similar team to Walt.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

When has Big Sam played 442?

We won't employ that crooked cunt. If we do I will not enter the ground while he is in charge.

Will Edwards make many changes at Ewood Park? I would not be surprised if he brought Price and Wallace back into the team.

I think a lot depends on whether he is even manager on Saturday, despite the noise to the contrary I'd be surprised if he was or if at the very least a new guy wasn't in the stands. If he is and genuinely wants the job, he'll make a couple of populist decisions like playing Cavaleiro and going to a proper 442, which may work against Blackburn, but I don't think has much longevity in it with the current personnel.

Does anyone know how Edwards like to set his team up for the u23s? I've not seen enough of them to know!

Does anyone know how Edwards like to set his team up for the u23s? I've not seen enough of them to know!

No, nobody knows. He managed the Under 18s before being "promoted" to the first team coaching staff. Sorry, I don't know how he set up the U18s.

I guess he has little choice but adopt 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-3 given the current squad.

I was under the impression that Edwards was using the 4-2-3-1 the Jackett used to prefer.

I was under the impression that Edwards was using the 4-2-3-1 the Jackett used to prefer.

4-2-3-1/4-1-2-3 kinda set up when the U23s played Chesterfield in the EFL Cup. Dicko had freedom to move across the front positions which is why I think Bod and Dicko could work but as part of that front 3

The unders are meant to match how the 1st team set up..........this season no so much but Sellars is their man.

I reckon Stears will be back in the weekend

Back