• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn (A) Build-Up 29/10/16

The unders are meant to match how the 1st team set up..........this season no so much but Sellars is their man.

I reckon Stears will be back in the weekend

Is it likely that Edwards drops Edwards?

---------------Ikeme
Silvio---Batth----Hause-----B-Jackson
---------Price-------Saisse
-------------Edwards
-----Costa---------------Dicko
---------------Bod

I think Rob Edwards will bring Jack Price back in a defensive mid role, and Edwards is playing well at the moment (new contract due?).
Needs to push Bod as high up the pitch as he can.

No fucker has in 10 years, so doubt it.

I think I'll ironically make my first Wolves match Dave Edwards impending testimonial. You have to admire the persistence at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's be honest, it'll never be as awesome as the chicken in the Blackburn cape. One of the best protests I've ever seen.

Now Zenga is gone I expect

Ikeme

Doherty/Iorfa
Batth
Stearman
CBJ

Saiss
Price

Costa
Edwards
Cavaleiro

Bod

New manager who has never taken charge of a competitive first team game before so impossible to predict what team he'll go with. This is what I'd like to see.

Ikeme

Silvio Iorfa Batth Borthwick-Jackson

Saiss Oniangue

Costa Teixeira Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

Subs: Lonergan, Hause, Edwards, Coady, Dicko, Stearman, Wallace

Edwards speaks realistically & well - don't know if its just me but closing my eyes when listening to that can see Eddie Howe giving that talk

If Edwards can be as succesful as him during however long he is in charge then that will do for me

AAARRRGGGGHHH!
Two blogs in a row that should've carried a health warning!

:icon_wink:

Ok, having read (and got past 3 horrible pics that'll give me 'mares) I generally agree with you Deutsch.

Edwards had a good game last week, so I can see why he'd retain his place, though personally I'd be tempted to play Price there. I'd be concerned at not having anyone who can play wide on the bench. Costa can make 90 mins, we don't know if Cav can yet, and it is likely that one or both could be targeted a bit. I suppose Nouha could. Makes sense to rest Nouha a bit, especially after that heavy challenge last sat.

Stick Ola John on the bench if need be, he isn't very good though.

Stick Ola John on the bench if need be, he isn't very good though.
I agree. There's a little concern for me about our lack of width. Ola John is (as has been said) clearly a favour loan. Graham & Zyro could do with coming back asap. I know Graham had a setback and a clean up operation, meaning January is the likeliest time we'll see him, but there's been next to no updates re Zyro for some time as far as I'm aware.

Hopefully Cavaleiro will be the player we all hope he can be for us.

Good blog and I think you might be right on the team selection too. I would always normally opt for Edwards out of the team but he has worryingly been one of our better players of late and noone could question his commitment.

I hope to see Jack Price restored to the team which I believe will open up the game a little for Romain Saïss to have more influence. I would also include Prince Oniangue in support of a striker. Revamp the centre midfield.

I agree. There's a little concern for me about our lack of width. Ola John is (as has been said) clearly a favour loan. Graham & Zyro could do with coming back asap. I know Graham had a setback and a clean up operation, meaning January is the likeliest time we'll see him, but there's been next to no updates re Zyro for some time as far as I'm aware.

Hopefully Cavaleiro will be the player we all hope he can be for us.

Zyro's was about as bad as it gets injury wise. We'll be lucky to see him this season I imagine.

I'd like to see Price back in alongside Saiss. Imo they (maybe Evans, I'm not sure yet) who can take and move the ball on under pressure. All our other midfielders are only willing to take it in safe spaces as their first touch is poor.

Hmm few young kids in that video of Rob Edwards taking charge...wonder if we will see Ennis on the bench?

Back