• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn (H) 22/4/17 Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Japery aside about losing on purpose so we can help relegate Blues, I suspect Lambo will really want to win this one after Venky's sold him a lie last season and wasted his time.

None of us know how we won yesterday with that team and I don't especially want to watch that set of players on Saturday. I'll guess Costa might be available and Cav won't be, nor will Batth. I'd go (and I know PL won't):

----------------------Burgoyne---------------------

Iorfa----------Williamson-----Hause--------Silvio

Costa---------Gibbs-White--------Saiss--------Marshall

-----------------Dicko------------Weimann---------------------

Subs: Ruddy, Stearman, Coady, Edwards, Zyro, Wilson, Ennis

Let's see if we can actually play two up top, it might be an option we need at some point. Blackburn need to win so it's not like they're going to pack the midfield and try to pass us off the park.

2016/17: D 1-1 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2014/15: W 3-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2012/13: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2011/12: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2010/11: L 2-3 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2009/10: D 1-1 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2003/4: D 2-2 (H), L 1-5 (A)
2000/1: D 0-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)

Is Marshall injured?

I want to see us stuff them. If they want points they can get them off the Vile or Brentford.

Didn't we play 2 up front on Monday or was Tim II chatting bubbles again?

We did I think, but we need to carry on with it. We haven't properly played two up front at home for nearly two years. Even last season when we had Sig and Mason on the pitch at the same time (not very often), they weren't playing as a strike pairing. Ditto Alfie and Afobe.

.......................Ruddy
Iorfa.....Williamson.....Hause......Doherty
Costa.........Herc.........Saiss.......Marshall
..............Weimann.....Dicko

Burgoyne, Coady, Batth, Edwards, Gibbs-White, Cavaleiro, Wilson/Ennis

Hopefully we can build on the win against Leeds United. Despite this being a somewhat disappointing season, lets try and finish the season on a high note. I certainly don't want Wolves to lose. Birmingham City can look after themselves.

Lambert will want the 3 points. Bit of payback for the 4 months of lies from the Venkys

Lambert will want the 3 points. Bit of payback for the 4 months of lies from the Venkys

He should want the three points irrespective of his issues with Blackburn Rovers.

I must admit I am amazed at some Wolves fans wanting their own team to lose. I cannot understand it.

He should want the three points irrespective of his issues with Blackburn Rovers.

I must admit I am amazed at some Wolves fans wanting their own team to lose. I cannot understand it.
Of course he will...what I meant is there is some extra motivation for him. Something personal (Marshall will be the same as well)

As for other fans...don't take them seriously. The same fans will be fucked off if we do lose.

Will we be able to get away with Costa wide in a 4 man midfield?

Burgoyne

Coady Williamson Hause Silvio*

Edwards** Saiss

Costa Gibbs-White Marshall

Dicko

*If he's still not fit (he should be by now) then I'd have Hause LB and Stearman CB. Failing that I'd put Saville there. Anyone but Doherty.
**If he has to play it might as well be there.

Of course he will...what I meant is there is some extra motivation for him. Something personal (Marshall will be the same as well)

As for other fans...don't take them seriously. The same fans will be fucked off if we do lose.

I agree that both Lambert and Marshall would enjoy it that little bit more if we beat Blackburn. And it is about time the team gave the fans a really good performance.

Maybe, maybe not. Cav wouldn't work out wide in a four but Helder might, I wouldn't say he's any worse defensively than say, Jarvis was. Anyway why not try when we have literally nothing to play for.

I like your thinking DW, and agree with 4-4-2 for this game. Blackburn will want 3 points, so force them wide and pick off the crosses with Williamson and Hause.

Our away form this season is only bettered by the top six sides, 8-6-8-28-25, while our home form is only better than the bottom two sides, 7-3-10-24-29.

If our results for home and away were reversed then you would just say that it's because we're not very good and think no more of it, but I feel our away form shows that we have a bit more about us and even though I accept we have some bang average players individually, I feel it shows that poor tactics and questionable selections has lead to poor results at home.

He played there at Fulham in the same formation as yesterday. More than able.

Maybe, maybe not. Cav wouldn't work out wide in a four but Helder might, I wouldn't say he's any worse defensively than say, Jarvis was. Anyway why not try when we have literally nothing to play for.

As you say Cav you wouldn't. He either plays up top or wide in a 433.

I wish people would stop saying they don't mind if we lose and help send Blues down, personally don't give a fuck who goes down and seeing as we're going on Saturday for the first time since Sheff Wed and will probably be our last game of the season, I want us to win and win well

As you say Cav you wouldn't. He either plays up top or wide in a 433.

If you went 4-4-2 (longer term) he could play as a second striker, kind of where Forestieri plays for Wednesday. Depends who you'd pair him with of course, probably not with one of our existing players.

If you went 4-4-2 (longer term) he could play as a second striker, kind of where Forestieri plays for Wednesday. Depends who you'd pair him with of course, probably not with one of our existing players.

He played up there against Fulham with some joy. He or Weimann to fill that role off a new no.9 is the way forward. Forestieri is a good example of what we need Cav to become.

I'd say Cav is a significantly better footballer than Forestieri, it's up to him (and our management) to make sure that talent is realised.

Cav lacks pace. Forestieri mugged off Stearman earlier in the season.

Foristieri also has good feet and is direct who can finish. Cav has shown little other than flashes and is a little underwhelming for £8m. I'm still hoping he's got a lot more to offer.

Back