• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn (H) Build-Up 9/4/16

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Options limited with all our injuries, just go out there and have a go please Ken. I really don't have the appetite to watch another 72 minutes where we don't have a shot on target in a game where there's absolutely nothing at stake.

-------------------------Ikeme---------------------------

Iorfa-------------Batth---------Hause------------Doherty

Henry-----------Price-----------Saville-----------Hunte

-----------------Mason----------Le Fondre------------------

2015/16: W 2-1 (A)
2014/15: W 3-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2012/13: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2011/12: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2010/11: L 2-3 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2009/10: D 1-1 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2003/4: D 2-2 (H), L 1-5 (A)
2000/1: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)

No thread for this yet. You can really sense the excitement on here :icon_lol:

A game we should win, at home to an average-to-poor Blackburn side. Perhaps Ken will blood a few youngsters now that there's 0.000000001% chance of us going anywhere this season? I'm not getting my hopes up.

What I'd go for;

Ikeme (in a perfect world Martinez, but may as well stick with our permanent goalie for now)

Iorfa
Batth
Hause
Deslandes

Price
Coady

Mason
Saville
Hunte

ALF

Let's find out more about a couple of kids as well as Mason and ALF. It could be argued that the latter has been given a chance to prove himself but I'd like to see him have a run in the team from now until the end of the season. He's the only proven goalscorer that we have and might well be a useful signing to challenge/complement Dicko next season.

I'm loathe to play Coady but what option do we have other than McDonald (acting the cunt), Dave (no better) and a kid (not gonna happen any time soon)?

I would take a good book if I were you.

Listening to how Blackburn played the other night, they make our Christmas Performances sound like feasts of attacking free flowing football.

Good timing!

Can we just put my OP from the other thread in here?

Didn't we play the rhombus in the second half on Tuesday? I expect we'll start the game with the same team that kicked off the second half in the same formation. I'd like to see DW's team though and see what Hunte can do. If it's not going well expect Dangerous Dave to come on at half time and be in the team for the rest of the season.

We should start with the same lads that kicked off the second half against MK.

It worked really well.

We should start with the same lads that kicked off the second half against MK.

It worked really well.

Mason will be dropped and Edwards will start...

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Coady Price Saville

Henry Mason Hunte​

SUBS: Martinez, Edwards, le Fondre, Helan, Williamson, Byrne, Enokbakhare

It's weird how Alfie is suddenly getting game time again. I'd rather we gave someone with a long term future at the club a go like Connor Hunte or Bright Enobakhare. While the rhombus worked 2nd half vs MK I think 4-3-3 will be how we set up long term. Think Saturday will come too fast for Dave Edwards, he'll probably get half an hour at the end.

Paul Lambert vs Kenny Jackett.

Its got the makings of an attacking masterclass folks. The anticipation is building.

I'm coming down for this, first game since Burnley at home, spare ticket going and I've still had to seriously question if I can be fucked this week given I've got uni deadlines looming. If I wasn't seeing my dad/brother I'd probably not bother. I'd take losing but competing over a 'spirited' 0-0 and 90 minutes of anti-football pinging long balls at an increasingly isolated Mason/Siggy/ALF/whoever.

Its been a long while since I last went into a game with such a low bar.

Paid £28+ last week to be bored stiff and i just cant justify paying that again this week.
Actually thought the club might offer some incentive to attend this week but i suppose im living with the fairies.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Hause Doherty

Coady Price Saville

Henry Mason Hunte​

SUBS: Martinez, Edwards, le Fondre, Helan, Williamson, Byrne, Enokbakhare

It's weird how Alfie is suddenly getting game time again. I'd rather we gave someone with a long term future at the club a go like Connor Hunte or Bright Enobakhare. While the rhombus worked 2nd half vs MK I think 4-3-3 will be how we set up long term. Think Saturday will come too fast for Dave Edwards, he'll probably get half an hour at the end.
Good point. Forgot about Bright.

We really have nothing to lose by throwing a few kids in.

Don't really want to be playing Helan or ALF unless we are going to sign them permanently - and the former I would not want (adequate short term fix, but nothing more) & the latter doesn't really fit our play.

Hunte & Enobakhare should have those shirts + Deslandes on the bench as without him there is no cover whatsover for a defensive injury apart from shoehorning a midfielder back in there

Probably be the team that finished the second half. I know it worked well in that game but starting like that will teach us nothing I feel. Saville isn't going to be used out on the left regularly and I don't see the point of us using Le Fondre anymore. I'd like to see Hunte start.

I am off out for the day now, so I will predict a 3 - 1 victory for Wolves.

Got a fiver on 0-0.

Back