• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 24/2/17

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Must beat these. For one, we need the points fairly sharpish, for another they are absolutely woeful under Zola.

---------------------Ikeme---------------------

Coady----------Batth-------Hause--------Doherty

-------------Saville------Saiss----------------

--------Costa--------Ronan-----Weimann--------

--------------------Bodvarsson---------------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Stearman, Marshall, Price, Enobakhare, Edwards, Wilson/Dicko

I hate the full backs, but we've decided we don't need another LB other than the begloved fraudster and Marshall has no place in the team until he stops looking like the offspring of Jez.

2016/17: W 3-1 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2014/15: D 0-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2012/13: W 1-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2011/12: D 0-0 (A, FAC), L 0-1 (H, FAC)
2010/11: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2009/10: L 0-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2008/9: D 1-1 (H), L 0-2 (A), W 2-0 (A, FAC)
2006/7: L 2-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: D 1-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/2: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1998/9: W 3-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/8: L 1-3 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1996/7: L 1-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1995/6: W 3-2 (H), L 0-2 (A), D 1-1 (A, FAC), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
1993/4: W 3-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)

That's a good a team as any we can put out, I'd probably have Price rather than Saville but otherwise that'll do for me, think Ronan absolutely has to start at 10

Looks fair enough though I hope he goes with Berbatov up front rather than Bod

Is Iorfa fit at the moment?

Ikeme

Coady - Stears - Hause - Doherty

Price - Edwards

Costa - Ronan - Bright

Mason

Mason cannot play up front on his own, you'd get the same zero goal threat with none of the running the channels or nuisance value that Dicko or Bod offer. In our current set up he can play as the #10 or wide on the right, nowhere else. We have better options than him in either position.

Doubt he'll be fit anyway.

----------------- Ikeme ------------------

Iorfa ---- Williamson -- Hause -- Silvio (remember him?)

-------------- Saiss ----- Price -----------

Costa ---------- Ronan ---------- Weimann

--------------- Bodvarsson -----------------

That's what I'd like to see but I ain't holding my breath

----------------- Ikeme ------------------

Iorfa ---- Williamson -- Hause -- Silvio (remember him?)

-------------- Saiss ----- Price -----------

Costa ---------- Ronan ---------- Weimann

--------------- Bodvarsson -----------------

That's what I'd like to see but I ain't holding my breath
I know you aren't a fan of Doherty, but not sure someone with a broken foot is an improvement.
My team:
Ikeme
Iorfa
Williamson
Hause
Doherty
Price
Saiss
Costa
Ronan
Wiemann
Bod

At least 3 of those won't play though.

Ok Tony, stick CBJ in for Silvio... ;)

According to one of the lads at my uni who does some of the video scouting for us - we are targeting a left sided centre back and a left back to be understudy to Neymar. I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't have a plan that includes Hause as first choice centre back

According to one of the lads at my uni who does some of the video scouting for us - we are targeting a left sided centre back and a left back to be understudy to Neymar. I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't have a plan that includes Hause as first choice centre back

I don't want us to buy a left back to be understudy to Doherty as he is a shit defender and needs replacing

I wonder if they want to move to 3 at the back a la Chelsea. As for an understudy to Mr Gloves, that's embarrassing for a transfer policy and whoever has put that in as an objective should be fired.

As for the team against Blues:

-------------Ikeme-----------

Coady---Batth---Hause---CBJ

----------Price---Saiss--------

Costa-------Ronan-------Weimann

--------------Bod---------------

As an alternative and if we did want to do a Chelsea it's imperative we play an actual footballer in the middle of the pitch who is mobile too:

As for the team against Blues:

-------------Ikeme-----------

----Stears---Batth---Hause---

-Coady---Price---Ronan-----CBJ

----Costa----------------Bod---

--------------Dicko---------------

With Costa and Bod more as inside forwards like Hazard and Willian.

Ikeme; Coady, Williamson, Hause, Doherty; Saiss, Evans; Costa, Ronan, Weimann; Bodvarsson.

Harsh on Price but I don't think Price and Saiss would work - really want to see how Evans and Saiss work.

Full backs look crap but fully agree that Marshall shouldn't be playing until he's fit.

Was tempted to put Wilson up top as well - not sure how many more chances Bod can have but his overall play still just about warrants inclusion even if his goalscoring threat is so lacking.

Interesting watching Emnes yesterday: I know many on this forum wouldn't want him, but in terms of his movement and goal threat thought he was well ahead of Bod and Dicko

Emnes played well yesterday, but I've seen countless games where he hasn't. He's on Blackburn's bench for most games for a reason

I wouldn't have coady at right back any more, if marshalls not fit, iorfa should be in. I'm not convinced by weimann either, want to see more out of him in the next few games.

Saiss to start please!

I wouldn't have coady at right back any more, if marshalls not fit, iorfa should be in. I'm not convinced by weimann either, want to see more out of him in the next few games.

Saiss to start please!

agreed ! come PL just pick the best player in his position for once.

Saiss is a left-sided CB. We need look no further.

Back