• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boring, boring Wanderers

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Something has to be done about this. I can understand why we might be hesitant to sack Kenny with the ownership situation up in the air, I can accept the idea of a rebuilding season (as this has clearly become) and I can even deal with some of the random selections. What I can't stomach is this turgid, cynical, boring football we've been playing recently.

Over the last 14 games Reading have the 2nd worst record in the division and their home record is awful but we went there, set up in a 4-5-1 and played for the draw. It's just horrible. I honestly can't ever remember us being this hard to watch. Even under Hoddle we at least tried to keep possession rather than build a wall in front of our back 4 and hope the opposition didn't score.

This isn't coming from any kind of 'West Ham way' kind of bullshit but I genuinely feel that Kenny is doing a massive disservice to Wolverhampton Wanderers and as fans I think we deserve better than this.

What can we possibly do? Start a chant to let him know how shit his brand of football is? Bring out the bedsheets and felt tips pens? A strongly worded letter? Something has to be done because the way we're going we'll be lucky to get 15K attendances by the end of the season.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going vs Preston now. I was wavering anyway, yesterday I was in town and it's when I'd normally sort out my ticket...didn't do it. After setting up that way today then I think the time has come to stay away for at least a match.

The way we set up is terrible. Awful percentage football regardless of who's up front, continually ceding possession irrespective of quality of opponent, routinely setting up not to lose rather than trying to win, this is the Championship for heaven's sake. The quality is not high. Given the state of the club off pitch at the moment I had long ago accepted this would be a bit of a nothing season, we weren't in a position to challenge. But given that we aren't going to go down - we are effectively 16 points clear with 16 games to go, and the teams at the bottom are so poor that they won't be putting much of a run together, chances are at least a couple of them won't be getting much past our current tally of 40 points - we could at least try to play some football. We could at least try to attack teams, especially if they're below us in the table and therefore by definition are pretty terrible. We could at least try out some of our promising young players. But no. We don't.

Four home wins all season, six wins in the last four months, four 0-0s already, 17 games out of 30 where we've scored 0 or 1. It's entirely joyless to watch us at the moment, there is no pattern of play, no attacking threat, the manager routinely puts out absolutely bizarre line ups, you cannot even derive any fun from us being an Albion under Megson style ruthless (but dull) outfit as we don't even get the results to compensate.

So well done Ken, I think you have driven me away for now, albeit temporarily. Congratulations, that really takes some doing.

You were driven away by Saunders and now KJ..i don't blame you

I will go to the remaining home games as I have my ST but beyond that I won't be spending another penny until there's a complete clear out and that includes the manager.

He has done some good work so it's a shame that it's now coming to a situation where I actively dislike his presence at Wolves.

I will go to the remaining home games as I have my ST but beyond that I won't be spending another penny until there's a complete clear out and that includes the manager.

He has done some good work so it's a shame that it's now coming to a situation where I actively dislike his presence at Wolves.
Same problem for me, and I feel exactly the same.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Serious question; Which would you prefer to watch? The end of Hoddle's tenure or the last few months under Jackett? I genuinely can't decide.

The difference is I knew Hoddle would probably go fairly soon. It was horrific to watch but at least there was a probable end point to it coming soon, Moxey was quite obviously unhappy with him. There is no sign at the moment that Ken is under any pressure at all.

On footballing grounds I'd probably go with Ken as there's a <10% chance he'll get us playing again eventually, we have played good stuff under him before. Save for about half a dozen games we never played good stuff under Hoddle. Shocking that it's even a valid question though (and it is), I really didn't think we'd be in this position any time soon but here we are.

I'd rather have Hoddle's football than this. That's how bad it is. Ken has ruined any chance he had of leaving a legacy of being the man who came in and did a good job of steadying the ship. The longer he stays, the angrier I get with him.

The only positive I can have is that when Williamson comes back in, assuming he can have as much influence as when he was on loan, then hopefully it will improve the defence sufficiently for Kenny to feel he can go a bit more proactive.

Still don't expect fast free flowing football, but maybe an improvement on the current mindset

Nah he's just going to play a flat back five when Williamson is fit, this striker lark is not Kenny's style.

At this stage of Hoddle's only full season we had 43 points and were 8th, so he marginally wins there. We ended up with 67 points, so to match that we need to run at better than 1.5PPG from here, which doesn't seem that likely so another marginal win for the canoe chinned bastard. The entertainment value is exactly the same, ie zero. We were also in our final year of parachute payments and there was an element of scaling back going on, so the same there. We had an owner then who wasn't funding us any further and wanted to sell, so the same there.

This was probably about the best team we could have put out around then:

Postma

Clyde
Craddock (when he was shite)
Lescott
Naylor

Davies
Cameron
Ince

Miller
Cort
Aliadière

Which I really don't think is any stronger than what we can put out now, of course we rarely if ever did set up that way, much as Ken next to never sends out a sensible line up. So about the same there.

So leave aside the personal factor - Hoddle is obviously a cunt, Ken isn't really whatever we think of his management - I don't get why one was utterly despised at the time and ever since, and one gets a pretty easy ride.

The longer he stays, the angrier I get with him.

Unfortunately this is how I feel and I really don't want to. The difference between him and Hoddle is he is playing unbelievably negative football, Hoddle was unbelievably delusional, we've not got to Carl Cort on the wing and Kenny Miller and Right Wing Back levels...yet

We aren't that far off, are we? In 2016 alone we've seen Matt Doherty at left back, Conor Coady on the right of midfield, Dave Edwards in central midfield, Jack Price in the number 10 role, James Henry and Tommy Rowe on the left wing, Rajiv Van La Parra up front and now apparently our #1 striker is a bloke he's sent out on long term loans twice and hasn't scored for us since August 2013.

I've had it with Jackett. His selections are baffling, the formations are dirge and he treats teams like Bolton and Reading like Barcelona and Real Madrid.

He needs to go

The difference is I knew Hoddle would probably go fairly soon. It was horrific to watch but at least there was a probable end point to it coming soon, Moxey was quite obviously unhappy with him. There is no sign at the moment that Ken is under any pressure at all.

Of the two that matter, Morgan is against and Moxey is with.

I actually think his time is numbered as Morgan will have the ultimate say.

Secure safety 50-55 points. Say thank you and goodbye and put Sellars or Edwards in charge until the summer?

Of the two that matter, Morgan is against and Moxey is with.

I actually think his time is numbered as Morgan will have the ultimate say.

How do you know Morgan is against?

He had a little Jackett out banner at the Cardiff game.

The thing that frustrates and infuriates me about Jackett, is his man management.

Spending millions on decent prospects to then bench them or loan them out. Stifles their progression and causes them to resent the manager, as was recently posted about Wallace.

How many of us were excited about the arrival of Wallace, Ojo and Byrne? The mood on here was quite positive towards all three last summer and we had had high hopes. Now if those guys had been played regularly and turned out to be duds, we probably would have accepted it, as they were all gambles and unproven at this level.
But to bench them in favour of Edwards or RvlP, players who we know all about, is just madness IMO. I mean, who spends 3m on a player who scores on his debut and then benches him in the ideal away game to continue his form? I appreciate that Mason may be ill, but based on previous baffling decisions, I wouldn't be so sure......

It's obvious Ken doesn't have faith in certain players, it must be based on what he sees in training, but we don't get points from what happens on the training ground, and I absolutely do not believe that either Wallace, Ojo or Byrne are training badly enough to not even deserve 15 -20 mins at the end of a game, especially when we are drawing and need a change of pace on a certain position.

So what is the issue then? Why does he continuously mismanage players? Why is he reluctant to use the subs who are available? Can you imagine how depressing it must be to be named as a sub on match day, knowing full well you've got a 10% chance of actually getting some game time.

If we weren't up for sale and had an owner who actually gave a shit, Jackett would have gotten the bullet ages ago. This is an alternate reality we are living in and it fucking sucks. I hate our situation and am completely nonplussed what happens to us at the moment because either way, Jackett remains in charge.

Back