• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth (H) 18/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have Neto or Podence in the front 3 ahead of Traore. Wouldn't expect them to last the whole game so Traore will still play. RAN further up the pitch isn't a bad idea either. I wish the other fullback position had better competition than Semedo v Jonny (v Lembikisa) at the moment.

I would have Neto or Podence in the front 3 ahead of Traore. Wouldn't expect them to last the whole game so Traore will still play. RAN further up the pitch isn't a bad idea either. I wish the other fullback position had better competition than Semedo v Jonny (v Lembikisa) at the moment.
Well Podence could still be injured and highly unlikely Neto will start a game so soon after his recovery. So it's Adama unless you start a front 3 of Cunha, Costa/Raul and Sarabia.

Wasn't it Collins that Haaland beat to that opening goal in the recent league match , a straightforward jump for a cross ?

Can't have looked great in the the eyes of JL from the sideline .

It's like a goalkeeper - make 6 great saves in a match , but you'll be remembered for the howler you let in .

Gomes would hardly be match fit to start ?

Wasn't it Collins that Haaland beat to that opening goal in the recent league match , a straightforward jump for a cross ?

It's like a goalkeeper - make 6 great saves in a match , but you'll be remembered for the howler you let in .
You are a tough grader if you put that goal on him. Perfect ball for Haaland to run onto versus Collins with a standing start

You are a tough grader if you put that goal on him. Perfect ball for Haaland to run onto versus Collins with a standing start
Aye, the issue was how easy it was for KdB to put the ball in.

Collins is quicker, stronger, more aggressive and better in the air than Kilman, I don't think it's a particularly close call between the two. That said I'm reluctant to throw too much criticism towards a manager who has us running at peak Nuno form right off the bat. He gets a free pass on a lot of things at the moment.

I don't think there's a centre back in the world that stops Haaland scoring given their respective starting positions and the quality of the cross.

I don't think there's a centre back in the world that stops Haaland scoring given their respective starting positions and the quality of the cross.
Wouldn't disagree - but continuing my hard marking theme.........why was Collins starting from a standing position in the first place ? Haaland is probably slightly taller than him so he's not going to stop him from jumping .

Anyway - it's a bit harsh I know .

Wouldn't disagree - but continuing my hard marking theme.........why was Collins starting from a standing position in the first place ? Haaland is probably slightly taller than him so he's not going to stop him from jumping .

Anyway - it's a bit harsh I know .
Collins was deep as it looked like Mahrez could go past Bueno and get a cross in. As Deutsch says the ball from de Bruyne was perfectly placed and delivered first time. Really don't think Collins could do much differently that would have enabled him to stop Haaland.

Not exactly related to the match itself but I'm not sure where else to post!

I'm going to Molyneux for the time time on Saturday, taking my 6 year old son to his first match.

Can anyone advise me on where to park? Also, is it far into the centre of Wolverhampton?

I'm going to Molyneux for the time time on Saturday, taking my 6 year old son to his first match.

Can anyone advise me on where to park? Also, is it far into the centre of Wolverhampton?
I guess that depends where you park….

Have a look here:

Hope you and your lad enjoy the game at Molineux ;)

Bournemouth's fixtures:

Wolves (A)
Man City (H)
Arsenal (A)
Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Fulham (H)

They REALLY need to win on Saturday otherwise they're likely to be in mid-March on <20 points. Might impact on how they set up.

Bournemouth's fixtures:

Wolves (A)
Man City (H)
Arsenal (A)
Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Fulham (H)

They REALLY need to win on Saturday otherwise they're likely to be in mid-March on <20 points. Might impact on how they set up.
They'll definitely view it as one of their better opportunities to gain some points.

don’t search for directions to Molyneux on apple maps

Bournemouth's fixtures:

Wolves (A)
Man City (H)
Arsenal (A)
Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Fulham (H)

Not sure whether that’s a good or bad thing?

Bournemouth's fixtures:

Wolves (A)
Man City (H)
Arsenal (A)
Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Fulham (H)

Well said. Just to take it the logical next step and I am sure others on here have quietly done that too.... if, and that's a big IF based on our experience as Wolves fans, we win and other results go our way then we could be 12th, 8 points clear of Bournemouth and perhaps more of Southampton... The alternative is... no, I won't go there. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back