• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth (H) 24/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
End of season nothing game ahoy. Neither team with much to play for. They looked bright enough against Villa yesterday and have some decent players, came out on the wrong side of it though. A very streaky lot under 80s Neil Webb lookalike Iraola, they go on decent winning runs and then flip it round and can't win for toffee for weeks.

I have no idea what we can do with the team so not going to put one up. Depends how much Gaz was genuinely managing the squad at the weekend or whether they are genuine injuries that mean it'll come too soon for those who missed out. I think we can definitely rule out Dawson, Bellegarde, Neto and Chiwome but not sure on anyone else. He'll want to win this one if he can and we could do with correcting our quietly iffy home form (we've actually only won 2 league games at Molineux in 2024). If we do win then it puts us in a good position to finish above Bournemouth and nail down at least an extra £2m or so in prize money.

2023/24: W 2-1 (A)
2022/23: L 0-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2019/20: W 1-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2018/19: W 2-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2014/15: L 1-2 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1998/99: D 1-1 (A, LC), L 1-2 (H, LC)

Aye, with all the shenanigans this season I’ll be happy enough to finish above Gary’s old club and annoyed if we don’t.

They were quite poor against Villa, very open but seemingly scared to commit to last-ditch challenges. I’d be looking to single out Semenyo against RAN.

I think Gaz was pulling a fast one Saturday.

.................................. Sa
Semedo.....Santi....Kilman....Toti.....Hugo
.................Gomes............Lemina
...........Hwang........Cunha......RAN

That team would be good. Can’t see it though.

I do have to say that I think Hugo is benefitting a lot from the fact that Doc is the alternative.

Didn't he say RAN should be ok and Cunha has a decent chance of playing?

it's still a collection of patched up players. at the weekend, on the whistle RAN and Lemina were straight down to tunnel, probably for treatment options.

Fitness willing, I'd be wanting this team.

........................... Sa

............ Santi - Kilman - Toti

Semedo - Lemina - Gomes - RAN

........ Sarabia - Hwang - Cunha

I thought on Saturday that Gaz had targeted this game and rested a few, ala Mcarthy at utd. Hope I was right and those rested are 100%, next two games give us the best chance of finishing the season well.

Yeah, if we fail to take points off Bournemouth and Luton its going to be a very bleak ending to a season that promised good things just a few short weeks ago

Do like the "if needed" for RAN. He is very much needed Gary

Maybe he means "If Doc doesn't fancy it".

more likely means whether O'Neil fancies playing Hugo again, which I am not certain about tbh. Hugo also went down holding his leg at the end of the arsenal game. Seemed to wave to the bench to come off, but struggled through the last couple of minutes.

I’ve seen enough of Hugo’s slow-ass stepovers but… then you’re playing Doc. 😖

Basically no one has a clue who’s available tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back