• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) 27/12/23 Matchday and Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea lead, back down to 11th.. Boo, GoN out!

Don't think I've seen that before...5 mins displayed for added time, Kilman gets knobbled and they change to 6!

I stand by the fact that we were really struggling for a long time at 3-1. It’s fine to sit back but you need to be able to keep the ball not just hoof it back to the other team and let them keep attacking.

I stand by the fact that we were really struggling for a long time at 3-1. It’s fine to sit back but you need to be able to keep the ball not just hoof it back to the other team and let them keep attacking.
We were under pressure but not really struggling as such. They didn't threaten the goal too much.

Guess it depends on if you feel that's down to wrong tactics or the players executing the right tactics poorly. Difficult to untangle, that is.

Indeed! The endless debate of all sport: forced vs. unforced errors.

For my money, with football being so much about positioning and being in the right place at the right time, I'd say generally most errors are forced, however indirectly.
No. Its about individual decisions, about taking the best percentage decision and having the ability to carry it out.
See Moutinho, João for eg.

Most teams trailing 3-1 at home throw the kitchen sink at it for a period. We weathered it well.

🤣 Im the biggest Gary O'Neil fan on here but this has been in no way a tactical masterclass. Chuffed we've won (again) but Brentford - particularly Nathan Collins have handed us the game on a plate 🤣
We've taken our chances and defended very well, pretty sure this is our biggest away win in the Prem too?

Brentford did put us under pressure in terms of posession for a period, but for all the pant wetting they created nothing.

We looked more like scoring than they did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back