• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (H) 18/9/21 Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilman's mistake for the 2nd is obvious, but watching Saiss try and pass his man on to Marcal is worse. You do that you'd bloody make sure he picks him up
I don't think he even tried to pass him on, just got completely lost.

We hit the bar you idiot.
Anyway, tell me about the clear cut chances we have created? I’d prefer a reply that doesn’t include an unnecessary insult if that’s ok?

I'm as angry with Marcal as anyone, but maybe we shouldn't be binning players after one bad half. Hardly rational, is it?
Welcome to the matchday thread! You must be new.

Fuck. Worse half so far this season. Can't see us scoring one goal never mind 2, not with who we have on at the moment. Hopefully Bruno is doing a Mike Bassett in the changing room..
if we score one we are back in the game, and they may back off a bit and get more nervous and less confident, and our confidence grows instead

Kilman DID need to go to ground, he wasn't ahead of Toney as some have suggested, but he must make that challenge with his right foot so it cleans the ball out of play and the player. He tried to tackle him and retain the ball, too risky a decision there.

Saiss lost his man with good movement.

We lost the plot after the penalty, lack of leadership? Lack of composure? Lack of control from Bruno from the bench i don't know.

But the catalyst is Marcel being an enormous cretin.

Stonewall penalty. Abysmal defending on the second.
However this game isn’t over yet . Time for Bruno to act
This is where we are going to find out how good he is at changing it up.

We need to find a way to break their defensive lines. Not going to be easy, they are very well organised. But it’s not going to happen without changes, and our players need to make good decisions because so far a lot of the decision making has been woeful.

if we score one we are back in the game, and they may back off a bit and get more nervous and less confident, and our confidence grows instead
Of course. I am basing it on our 70+ efforts and 2 goals finished up to now. It may change..

Thing is that Bruno's tactics aren't the reason we're losing, two (three, if you like) monumentally stupid moments of defending are.

Hwang coming on. No word who for yet.

EDIT: Fair Saiss, apparently.

These 1230 kick offs are starting to be very painful

Kilman DID need to go to ground, he wasn't ahead of Toney as some have suggested, but he must make that challenge with his right foot so it cleans the ball out of play and the player. He tried to tackle him and retain the ball, too risky a decision there.

Saiss lost his man with good movement.

We lost the plot after the penalty, lack of leadership? Lack of composure? Lack of control from Bruno from the bench i don't know.

But the catalyst is Marcel being an enormous cretin.
Coady tried to calm them down after the second disallowed goal...didn't work

Hwang on for Saiss, not RAN on apparently

Alright, Jinky, Bruno heard you asking for a 4-4-2.

Jesus, Ruben nearly making it 3 for Brentford, holy shit.

Ridiculous clearance from Sa to get the half underway

ooh, close for Brentford there after Neves loses the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back