• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton and Hove Albion (A) 27.10.2018

Two tickets booked. Can't wait for this one. Hopefully Nuno knocks another hoodoo on the head.

I don't think we'd ever won a league game at Brighton before 2004. We have won there since though.

2016/17: L 0-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2014/15: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: D 3-3 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)

Didn't Wolverhampton born Connor Goldson net the winner for us there over Christmas a couple of years ago?

Didn't Wolverhampton born Connor Goldson net the winner for us there over Christmas a couple of years ago?

He did, New Year's Day.

In the middle of our "how the fuck are we winning these games" run under Ken.

Also that win at Molineux in April 2006 was Hoddle's last home game. Let's just say that not many people stayed for the lap of "honour" at the end.

----------------------Postma--------------------

Lowe----------Edwards--------Lescott--------Ross

----------Cameron----Davies---Kennedy----------

-------Aliadière------Frankowski-----Miller---------

Lovely stuff.

He did, New Year's Day.

In the middle of our "how the fuck are we winning these games" run under Ken.

Ikeme stunning save right at the end as well...a run of poor games and Sky showed them all #boxoffice

Also that win at Molineux in April 2006 was Hoddle's last home game. Let's just say that not many people stayed for the lap of "honour" at the end.

Lovely stuff.

Fullbacks aside, that doesn't look too bad a team.

Fullbacks aside, that doesn't look too bad a team.

Cameron was totally finished and Kennedy wasn't too far behind him (as a midfielder anyway, most of his football post-Wolves came as a LB). We all know about Franky's struggles here and Aliadière wasn't really showing anything bar the odd fancy flick here and there, he knew he wasn't staying so didn't really give a toss.

Of that XI, I think Edwards was the only one to ever start a league game for us after that season. Davies had a few sub appearances when he wasn't busy getting wrecked in Pool Hayes, and Keith Slowe went on the loan train for a couple of years before his contract ran out.

These were truly appauling to watch.
To be fair to the Kenster we had just been taken apart by Leeds and Sheff Wed so we had to go uber defensive as we were very shit at the back.

Also at that point talks with Fosun would have just started so no doubt Jezzer told him do whatever you can to stay in the Championship, so the 4 wins in that period were vital (I have to believe that happened and also the reason why KJ survived that season despite sending folk asleep during the final part of the season)

Zero defensive minded players in a midfield three is a recipe for disaster.

We wouldn't have been quite so shit if Jordan Graham had stayed fit. He was genuinely excellent for a couple of months. Looks like that might be that for him though at this level. If you're having to go back almost three years to the last time you played consistently well, it's not a good sign.

Zero defensive minded players in a midfield three is a recipe for disaster.

Kennedy barely crossed the halfway line by then. His role was seriously weird.

Our gameplan was to go 1-0 up somehow and then just try to have 70%+ possession by knocking it around in nothing areas. Glenda earning his £500k a year there.

Hoodoo. The first 13 times that we played Brighton in the league we lost 10 and drew 3, since then won 4, drew 7 lost 4, so overall in the league, won 4 drew 10 and lost 14. Time to start to redressthe balance.

The game where Connor Goldson scored an own goal was one of the most breathtaking pieces of daylight robbety I have ever witnessed.

Lovely stuff.

A team capable of performing less than the sum of its parts. The antithesis of today

I have two spare Brighton tickets - if anyone still needs them. Already purchased but will post to you. PM me if interested. Just face value obviously.

I’d definitet be interested?

Back