• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton v Wolves (A) 02/01: Buildup and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been comfortably better, IMO. Very pleased with the response to going behind.
As Ekoku said (appreciate you may not have his comms) we tend to only properly start playing after we go behind. We're capable of more, we really are.

RAN is doing ok apart from the goal where he was absolutely roasted. Going forward he’s been better than usual, and we’re doing a lot down that side.

i would bring Kilman on for RAN, maybe even at halftime..or wait 10 mins not to sink RAN´s confidence..just to make it more stable when we lead by 2 goals
Surely taking him off at half time would do more to dent his confidence?

Is Vitinha playing well? Can't tell the difference between him and Neto!
Fairly average to my mind - he’s doing ok passing and moving, but nothing particularly good and some bobbly passes making it hard to control.

needs to improve second half or he’ll come off for otasawie

exactly, so maybe wait 10-15 mins.. RE: Kilman for RAN

RAN is doing ok apart from the goal where he was absolutely roasted. Going forward he’s been better than usual, and we’re doing a lot down that side.
I don't think he's totally to blame, Saiss and Rui haven't covered themselves in glory there either.

Rui is a very good keeper, but he hates coming off his line

Three goals without looking that threatening! Funny old game saint!
Concentrate and score the next goal please. Good comeback after a soft goal against. Brighton look rancid defensive wise

I think we've looked comfortable with the ball, but a bit shaky defensively, especially down the left. To be expected imv with a back four and RAN at LB. He still looks good going forward and with the ball at his feet. As I said at 1-1, I think we can and will score more if we keep playing like this.

i would bring Kilman on for RAN, maybe even at halftime..or wait 10 mins not to sink RAN´s confidence..just to make it more stable when we lead by 2 goals
Not sure what match you’re watching.

Fairly average to my mind - he’s doing ok passing and moving, but nothing particularly good and some bobbly passes making it hard to control.

needs to improve second half or he’ll come off for otasawie
Yeah he's been OK. I think the problem (and a wider issue in general) is all three of those midfielders are going to want the ball to feet. So for all his limitations, you can see why Donck can be quite important. Think Podence is still the first choice their currently, more likely to receive the ball higher up or in more dangerous positions anyway.

I don't think he's totally to blame, Saiss and Rui haven't covered themselves in glory there either.

Rui is a very good keeper, but he hates coming off his line
God yeah, Saiss position was shocking to let Connolly wander in behind him. Not sure I’d put as much on Rui, though he didn’t retrieve the situation.

but RAN got absolutely roasted on that move.

I was screaming at Traore to cross it instead of trying to run past everyone! Glad he ignored me.

We've been ok rather than brilliant, but we are getting more forward in attack. I'd like to see Vitinha get involved more though instead of constantly going left or right every attack.

Hopefully the short corner routine will disappear now

Good first half to continue the encouraging last couple of games. Looks like this time we should get rewarded with the points too.

Neves had a good first half, Adama looked good when he started getting on the ball more. Semedo looks decent going forward, Vitinha looks tidy.

Got to work on our forward play and keeping up the pressure when we're on top.

Could be more goals in this for us second half

having massive problem now with google chome here, anybody else?

God yeah, Saiss position was shocking to let Connolly wander in behind him. Not sure I’d put as much on Rui, though he didn’t retrieve the situation.

but RAN got absolutely roasted on that move.
Oh for sure, RAN is going to have to improve defensively. Hopefully he will during his time here, or we become good enough that we don't need our fullbacks to defend!

I reckon we are in serious risk of being pulled in to a relegation scrap here.

I’m sorry to say I don’t see the progress that others seem to. We are toothless going forward and we let sloppy/shit goals at the other end.
Really hope we can get out of this relegation scrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back