• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City 1 - 2 Wolves: Verdict thread

Not really sure what Bristol fans expected Nuno to do when we got the winner, it's not as like he was goading their fans or even the other people in the box. I remember wolves away at small heath in the 90s, when Blouses equalised Barry fry 'sprinting' towards the away end shouting and fist pumping, Nuno getting carried away in the director's box isn't quite the same.

DSUIwbOWAAAICB8.jpg

Jokeshop refereeing.

Lee Johnson:

hehehehehe_duck.gif

Not sure why they played hoofball when they had the extra man. Strange stuff and meant they were never really controlling the game, even if we weren't offering huge amounts until Cav came on (though that said, Baz was so unlucky with the first free kick).

It's never a red card for Batth (look at where the Bristol player is when he makes contact with the ball, then the latter rolls around and squeals like a cunt) but wouldn't be surprised if it's not overturned. Ref won't accept he made an error. I did say though that he would look at it at HT and end up trying to even it up, he got that chance and did it. I think Fielding did deserve to go but you often see refs bottle it there and factor in defenders running back (not that they would have stopped anything). Great ball by Cav and superb work by Doc who had one of his good days.

All over them once we equalised and fully merited the winner. Better header than it looks from Bennett as the ball's hit so hard. Shocking by Baker, I can only think he didn't know there was anyone behind him and was ducking to let it go out of play. You should know though.

MOTM Cav, changed the game.

Agree with all this, after watching replays think Batth was extremely unlucky, a typical Championship challenge which we would have been having a go at him if he didnt go for it. Yes he did lunge in a bit but so did the Bristol player and from further away, Batth got there first and won the ball, both players follow through ended in them getting tangled up, there was no intent, not dangerous, studs down, one footed.....like I said unlucky imo

I like Frank but he is a troll and he knows what hes doing.. Ropes a few of you lot in with ease for such an old bloke.

And that is what I fail to understand. People putting views forward that do not comply with the agenda on this forum should not be subjected to abuse. But as I said last night, I no longer care what some people on here think about me.

Regarding the game, I stand by my comments that we would have lost had the Bristol City goalkeeper not lost his head. In my opinion it was begining to look like Sheffield United away where we had a silly sending off and deservedly lost. That is not trolling, it is putting forward a point of view.

Agree with all this, after watching replays think Batth was extremely unlucky, a typical Championship challenge which we would have been having a go at him if he didnt go for it. Yes he did lunge in a bit but so did the Bristol player and from further away, Batth got there first and won the ball, both players follow through ended in them getting tangled up, there was no intent, not dangerous, studs down, one footed.....like I said unlucky imo

Batth's problem was that he lost control of the ball & ended up having to lunge in more than he should - always a possibility of getting this outcme

In their half & not a dangerous position so didn't need to do it

I would counter it wasn't like the Sheff Utd game. They properly took advantage of the extra man (although we had a golden chance to level the scores but Neves missed a penalty) and maybe should have scored 3 or 4. Bristol were not creating anything and it took Douglas making a mistake to leave the space for them.
After that we made a change and it put us back on the front foot and without that sub the pass isn't made and their keeper doesn't have a brainfart. So our attacking sub changed the game before the sending off. Then we see the difference with a even playing field, as only 1 team was winning when it went to 1-1.

I stand by it being a touch unlucky, but not a shocking decision. It's a bloody stupid challenge to make in a nothing area of the pitch. Winning the ball is irrelevant, it's a lunge with force and the second he did it I thought he'd be off.

When it went down to ten a side Bristol looked like the team that had already been playing that way for nearly an hour.

Looked to me like the ref was clearly influenced by the crowd and the player rolling around like he was shot.

We shouldn't expect any better from from the overpaid bunch of incompetents who ref in the EFL.

We can slow down the videos or show stills all we want. But at full speed it looked like excessive force and therefore he was off. He didn’t even need to go to ground. These days if you have a poor touch and you’re going to ground to win a 50:50 you’ll see yourself in trouble.

Looked to me like the ref was clearly influenced by the crowd and the player rolling around like he was shot.

We shouldn't expect any better from from the overpaid bunch of incompetents who ref in the EFL.

Ref wasn't good at all, but don't think he can be blamed for that - in real time it looks worse & Batth gave him a decision to make that he didn't need to given where he was at the time

I agree Danny shouldn't have lunged, but even in real time you could see he didn't lunge towards the player and that he wasn't two footed and that he wasn't off the floor.

Clear difference for me was with their GK he went straight for his red card, he didn't do this with Danny.

We can slow down the videos or show stills all we want. But at full speed it looked like excessive force and therefore he was off. He didn’t even need to go to ground. These days if you have a poor touch and you’re going to ground to win a 50:50 you’ll see yourself in trouble.

That’s my view too - at full pace, and with a single look, it looked dangerous - a slow motion replay gives the opposite view - I know people won’t like this, but would have been great to have it looked at using TMO.

in slow motion both red cards look dubious, that keepers leg is out there for a long time

FWIW I think that Nuno (obviously hyped up to fuck, as was I and every Wolves fan) probably went a bit OTT. TBF I wouldn't like that done in our directors box by an opposing manager. That said fuck em!
I thought Bennett coming on was the right thing to do we kept our defensive shape and it kept us in the game. Nuno would know right there that Costa and Jota would be run ragged and Cav and Bright would come on later. Costa wasn't at his best but still got through a hell of a lot of work.
MOTM Saiss awsome display for me. Cav is getting better and better, quite superb.
If Doc doesn't get fouled he should score so I would stick up for their keeper but the freekick and sending off worked out nicely.
Gotta love this team. Nuno needs to tether himself to the dugout.

Maybe we need to get him one of those elastic robes they used on 'Gladiators' - might avoid him overstepping the line

LOL yeah summat like that, I don't want him to spoil his reputation you know how sour people are when you are WALKING THE LEAGUE

My post should say ropes - not robes (really not sure how an elastic robe would help apart from making him look more like Batman)

Back