• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 2/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Makes you wonder if playing Doherty is a message to Shi along the lines of: “the squad is so small I’m having to play Doherty and even you can see he’s nowhere near the level required”.
Nah, not the time of the season for those games, ultimately he's chosen to drop his £9m centre half for him. Putting 2 keepers on the bench v Albion was that, it made fuck all difference

If that lineup was posted yesterday, it would have been followed by an April's Fool. I see H Bueno in and RAN up the pitch. That may work, but if you must play Doherty, move Semedo up the pitch and take Sarabia off.

BBC has Burnley in a 442, that likely to be what they actually do? Can't recall paying attention last they were on to what they actually do.

Doherty wide right ffs. And now Semedo will rightly be too scared to cross the halfway line.

To think there was people saying we don't need to sign anybody in January, and our injury-free run was a piece of strategic control rather than dumb luck.

Starting a Premier League game with 9 men ffs.

Semedo is playing RCB with Doc at RWB when we don’t have the ball. With the ball it looks like Doc is playing RM.

Yes, it’s 2024 and Matt Doherty is playing Right Wing for Wolves in the Premier League.

Classic Fosun.

I’m sure Doherty wears gloves as he’s trolling us.

and our injury-free run was a piece of strategic control rather than dumb luck.

This has been a consistent annoyance for me over the last few years. Sure we clearly had physios doin a good job but they aren’t miracle workers; they don’t just decide to stop injuries ever happening by doing X.

RAN has made two brilliant runs already so far, but you're all too busy moaning about Doherty to notice. :)

Good to see Lemina back in the centre.

I'm a little frightened about how the CBs will do in a 4, although Toti has the pace to cover around if needed.

Whoever is on BBC comms is making out it’s all Burnley so far.

Whoever is on BBC comms is making out it’s all Burnley so far.
They've had more posession, but not created anything yet.

And you'd expect a relegation threatened side to start well at home.

Back