• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cambridge (H) Build up thread

YoungWolf

World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Yo
Reaction score
It appears the Wolves forum attitude towards the league cup is similar to that of the club. :D

However, new era could mean we actually have a proper cup run for the first time since 2003?

This game will provide some players with much needed game time, plus can rest others that need it.

Team:

Lonergan

Doherty Iorfa Hause Deslandes

Oniangue Edwards Saville

Henry Bright Costa

Subs: Ikeme, Hayden, Price, Ronan, Ennis, Bodvarsson, Teixeira​

Possibly? There isn't a whole lot we can do with the defence at the moment - it's very clear we need reinforcements there. Midfield Prince will obviously play - a good opportunity for him and the same with Costa. It would also be nice to see some youngsters get some minutes especially as they will most likely be playing in the EFL cup too soon.

The cup games are actually useful this season. Giving Walter extra time to get players used to his methods.

I have been saying for some time that we are overdue a good cup run. After three games in a week I think there will be a few changes. Walter will probably want to rest a few players. Will Dicko be ready for a place on the bench?

I have been saying for some time that we are overdue a good cup run. After three games in a week I think there will be a few changes. Walter will probably want to rest a few players. Will Dicko be ready for a place on the bench?
Possible but maybe needs 60 mins + in the U23's first..

Dicko has said on Twitter he's playing on Monday at Telford

I think you'll see Coady at right back again to ease the pressure on the back 4 and then out of the XI for Hudds after 3 full games in a row.

I would expect Saville and Oniangué to play the full game after coming on against Blues. Maybe Edwards as well.

Bod & Mason both need a rest but I can't see Walt throwing Bright or Ennis in after leaving them out at the weekend.

No point rushing Dicko back. There will be tougher times ahead and I'd prefer he played a few games for the Under 23's to build his fitness back up.

Be good for Prince to get some minutes.

7pm kick offs, no idea on price, it's free for STHs and members.

Used to be £3 but that's going back a few seasons

Cheers for that, might try and get down for a look if I can get away from work on time

CBJ is available for this game
John signed in time but can only play if his International Clearance comes through before kick off

Parking myself in the BW for this game. Strangely looking forward to a Cup game...doesn't feel right

CBJ is available for this game
John signed in time but can only play if his International Clearance comes through before kick off

Parking myself in the BW for this game. Strangely looking forward to a Cup game...doesn't feel right

Same here. I think we have a good chance of going far in the LC this season. Our squad is growing bigger and better and Walt favours a squad rotation system, so we should have the strength in depth to do well (as long as we don't come up against the likes of Man Utd early on)

We really should put 3 or 4 past these....

Back