• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cambridge (H) Build up thread

Walter has said Lee Evans is not available tonight because of a knee injury. He didn't say how serious it is.

Silvio is nearing a return but Mike Williamson will be longer due to a continuing tendon problem.

“We are still short of defenders and strikers and the club is working very hard."

Decided to go to this now. Just bought my ticket.

Who's around post-match? Not sure I'll make any pre-match action...

My first match in a long time, taking my old man who doesn't go much anymore but i'm sure he'll end up swearing at the referee

How many do we think will be going?

I still wouldn't expect a massive crowd tonight. Get through this and then maybe cup attendances might pick up but we are scarred by seasons of not giving a shit in the cups.

That's true, actually I think the last game I went to was Notts County at home. I had no idea Lee Hughes played for them which was a less than pleasant surprise.

Still, i'm hoping there might be some surprises in the selection tonight.

Will be interesting to see whether CBJ & OJ get dropped straight in or on the bench & brought on for an intro later on.

These matches are always potential banana skins, but we should have too much for them - would be nice to go further in this than usual & keeps the winning mentality going which is no bad thing early in the season

There's a long way to go before I start going to League Cup games again. I think I went to every home one between 1993 and 2010 and they were largely awful. I literally have nothing better to do tonight but I'm still not going.

I used to go them all, home and away as it was a useful way to get some loyalty points in, but they were pretty dire.

Back in the day I used to go to Anglo Italian games....

Will it be on TV over there?

Worth joining some of the Wolves groups on Facebook this season - people seem to be using fb live to stream games using their phones for other fans, and even if someone's battery goes down someone else will often take over. Not TV quality, of course, but better than the radio. Can imagine clubs getting pressured to crack down on this as the year goes on so we should enjoy it while we can.

Will it be on TV over there?

Sky Sports usually have the goals up as soon as they go in so you might be able to get a vine or something (assuming it's not a 0-0). Somebody actually streamed the whole game vs Crawley on Facebook live from the Billy Wright stand, hopefully that happens again tonight.

Weird lineup. Sav at LB? Costa as the striker?

Back