• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Charlton (A) Match Thread 28/12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Same horrible team. Entirely predictable.

Holt booted off the bench for Ojo.

Only change on the bench is that Ojo has reappeared. Holt missing out.

TEAM | Ikeme; Iorfa, Batth (c), Ebanks-Landell, Doherty; McDonald, Coady, Henry, Edwards, Graham; Afobe

SUBS | McCarey, Golbourne, Wallace, Ojo, Byrne, Sigurdarson, Le Fondre #CAFCvWWFC

Jack Price still ill: "Lets get another 3 points today boys. still not quite over my illness but will be back training this week!!"

The sheer contempt I have for about half of that starting XI.

Holt's now back at Wigan. Oh, the memories...

I'm glad I can't watch this!

I actually feel physically sick.

The same team less than 48 hours later. Madness.

Not what you want to hear, but as said entirely predictable.

They surely cannot defend as badly again can they????!!!! - then again we did win

What did he see two days ago that made him think naming the same side was a good idea?

What did he see two days ago that made him think naming the same side was a good idea?

Golbourne/Wallace & Byrne on for Doherty/Edwards & Henry would make sense, but wasn't expecting any.

Not much else you can do with the defence as there isn't anyone else

None of us are professional football league managers so can we stem the negative comments please. We are but humble peasants ;)

None of us are professional football league managers so can we stem the negative comments please. We are but humble peasants ;)

Indeed, we must simply blindly believe that we will win convincingly and in the style of Barcelona despite all the evidence telling us that it is unlikely

'Never change a winning team'

Today's line-up is a stunning example of why that quote is absolute nonsense.

Admittedly due to our squad options (including loaning out perfectly good players) he can't do much about some of this, but:

Ikeme: In absolutely rancid form
Doherty: Worst full back in the league, playing on the wrong side as well
Ebanks-Landell: Playing a full division above his absolute ceiling
Coady: Defensive midfielder who stops nothing and can't pass five yards
Henry: Not had a good game for about three months
Edwards: Dave Edwards. Zero creativity but he makes up for it by being Mr Goalscoring Midfielder (nine games without a goal)

It's just horrific. And for all that he might be hamstrung with what's available, he can certainly do something about at least three of those selections.

We certainly didn't win due to our stylish play, defensive brilliance, attacking prowess and/or do or die grit on Saturday. Reading were very unlucky not to score at least 3 past us and I'm still not sure how we kept a clean sheet so there was definitely room for improvements to this side today

He seemed to think we played well to achueve that win, even though we were lucky not to have lost.
what's the position with Martinez's injury ?
lets hope he makes subs when legs gave gone today unless previous games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back