• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) 4/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are terrified of Neto. And rightly.so, he's been excellent. So has Joao Gomes. One moment when Toti fell asleep, but we've been pretty good so far.

Played well. Managed to win the ball in promising positions several times and not always made most of it so hopefully more to come there.

Cracking 45 minutes for the neutral again. I think you'd be hard pushed to say we deserve to be 2-1 up on the balance of play, but you can't fault the intent to attack, and the work rate. We're really good to watch and it's been a few years since you could say that.

They are terrified of Neto. And rightly.so, he's been excellent. So has Joao Gomes. One moment when Toti fell asleep, but we've been pretty good so far.
A little harsh on Toti IMO. His positioning was fine, just got caught by a good run and a perfect through ball.

Chelsea really aren’t very good. Incredible you can spend what they have and be so poor even for a half. Let’s capitalise on our two fine finishes and leave with 3 points.

Chelsea have had 272 accurate passes against our 153.
So what?
So much for stats.

We’re the better side here. Some turnaround so far.

I’d imagine Chelsea are already preparing a £100m+ bid for Neto in the summer.

Any one wants a decent summary, chew on this.
Although I'm not sure Ait Nouri's shot wasn't going into the bottom corner, but it looks like it's an own goal!
Boo!

Wolves came from behind to lead Chelsea 2-1 in the first half at Stamford Bridge. The hosts dominated possession in the early stages and took the lead through Palmer, who netted his 10th goal of the season. The Blues combined with a neat passing move before Caicedo played a pass down the right side of the box to Palmer.
The former Manchester City man kept his composure in front of goal, slotting his effort into the bottom-left corner.
However, the hosts weren't ahead for long. Gomes won possession off Caicedo and rolled a pass over to Cunha on the left. The Brazilian moved inside before seeing his shot deflect off Silva to beat Petrovic.
Sterling then lashed a strike well off target from a tight angle before O'Neil's men took the lead.
Semedo released a lovely ball along the line to Pedro who surged down the right and sent a cutback into Ait-Nouri, whose shot from close range went in off Disasi for an own goal.

I think my stream has been edited by Paul Hardcastle (reference for the kids), it'd go back a few seconds then catch up then repeat the same passage of play, it's all over the place

And a bit more for those without a tv...
Wolves had seven shots in the first half and hit the target three times but their xG (expected goals) of 0.35 suggests they are fortunate to have scored twice.
Two huge defections beat Petrovic, who was given no chance on either occasion. The visitors have had just 39.1 per cent of the possession, but have almost completely nullified a Chelsea attack that lacks ideas.
Palmer has looked to make things happen on the ball and scored Chelsea's goal, but he needs more support. Nkunku has had just 12 touches, with Sterling lacking much of an end product on the left.

Looks like they have given the second goal to Disasi (og). So no assist for Neto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back