• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Climate Change Debate

I can't believe he fucked off on holiday to Hawaii whilst it's all going on.

Papper - that would be fine if all bushfires were caused by natural sparks such as lightning strikes. A few are still, but the biggest causes of bushfires in Oz are out of control barbies, tossed cigarettes, and the downing of electrical lines in the high winds. Plus arson from complete imbeciles.

If you agree with the fuckwit in charge of Australia about climate change then you are talking out of your fucking arse. 8 of the 10 hottest years in Australia's history have been in this century. If that isn't a pattern I don't know what the fuck is.

Morrison is relatively quite popular but I do not agree that churning tonnes of polutants into the atmosophere is beneficial to anybody and absolutely agree there there should be targets. My initial point centred on the irony on how Eucalyptus seeds germinate. I am just not one to instantly blame everything on climate change and try to be open-minded - you have to factor in El Nino & La Nina. The weather in Australia is variable. They had a similar spell back in 1896 by all accounts. You will get extreme spells of warm or mild that can last 8-10 years.

Have a look at the graphs. The last twenty years in Oz have all bar two been hotter than average. El Nino certainly has an effect on Australian climate. However, El Nino is not in operation in all of those years. There have been 8 El Nino years in those 20. La Nina has no effect on Australian temperatures in our winter. It is a cooling effect for their winter in June to August and mainly has an effect on North Eastern Queensland.

This is the sort of crap HGW used to come out with.

Have a look at the graphs. The last twenty years in Oz have all bar two been hotter than average. El Nino certainly has an effect on Australian climate. However, El Nino is not in operation in all of those years. There have been 8 El Nino years in those 20. La Nina has no effect on Australian temperatures in our winter. It is a cooling effect for their winter in June to August and mainly has an effect on North Eastern Queensland.

Apparently it's been hotter before records began and there have been three or four major droughts in the last 150 years. The planet has wamed and cooled continuously over billions of years. About 70 billions years ago GB was submerged under sea.

Just because the climate has been variable in the past means shit all for current events. You can't just pass consistently increased warming off as a natural coincidence.

Apparently it's been hotter before records began and there have been three or four major droughts in the last 150 years. The planet has wamed and cooled continuously over billions of years. About 70 billions years ago GB was submerged under sea.

Dear God.

The cycle between cold and hot periods of climate temperature without human interference takes 100,000s of years.

We have had industrialisation for about 150 years, and we are supposed to be in a cooling cycle. Denier.

He's trolling you all. He did this in the election threads. And now he's an expert on climate change and Australian climate at that.

The bloke's a wum. He finds a spot people are passionate about and makes the most contrary, idiotic opinion and people bite. I know I did.

Anybody denying climate change against the facts aren't worth your bandwidth.

He's trolling you all. He did this in the election threads. And now he's an expert on climate change and Australian climate at that.

The bloke's a wum. He finds a spot people are passionate about and makes the most contrary, idiotic opinion and people bite. I know I did.

I was just thinking this too

If someone posted 1 + 1 = 2 he'd find a contrary position

And to think Greta Thunberg sailed across the Atlantic when all she had to do was email António Guterres a link to this thread.

You have a near compulsion to shout down anybody who has a different opinion to you and it is tiresome beyond belief. Thankfully big mouths like yours will always be silenced at the ballot box like they were on 12th December.

Dear God.

The cycle between cold and hot periods of climate temperature without human interference takes 100,000s of years.

We have had industrialisation for about 150 years, and we are supposed to be in a cooling cycle. Denier.

I am not a denier and like you and many others who contribute I cannot pretend to be an expert (although I can read and speak to people). I merely cited an article that explained that there is no direct link between humans and severe weather conditions - one I agree with. It has appeared to cause you major distress. Debating or sharing alternative views on this forum is completely pointless (I should have known that) and is in my opinion reflective of the near hatred that exists in society. As such my contributions will now cease. All the best to you.

Go on then answer this ..............

View attachment 2639

A couple of things. Seems like Kenneth is getting climate confused with weather. And secondly, I'd hazard a guess that Kenneth is looking back at the 50s with a certain shade of nostalgia and is remembering things anecdotally to support his theory as opposed to studying emperical climate data from that period. In fact, if as Kenneth regales, things were warm in the summer and cold in the winter, then that is just a normal and expected weather pattern. The fact it isn't happening now actually is an argument that supports the view that our climate is screwed.

Climate change simply shouldn't be a matter of opinion.

You do know that

a) I am not Kenneth from Wolverhampton
b) My attempt at humour through someone else's ignorance totally went over your head

Sadly, I only think we'll see real change when insurance risk starts being more heavily impacted by climate change.

If it's a toss up between agreeing with Papper or David Attenborough I think I know where my agreement is likely to go...

Sadly, I only think we'll see real change when insurance risk starts being more heavily impacted by climate change.

with many governments including ours in thrall to populism it's more likely to be "enlightened" corporates that provide leadership on these issues now. you could say it's consistent with your comment - businesses at the sharp end trying to deliver food, materials, involved in building etc etc realise they're going to be impacted by these changes and often far earlier than the general public, particularly people desperate to deny.

Back