• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The majority of bellends will not have been vaccinated and will create the mutations which mean the vaccinated are no longer protected.

Because we have vaccines now?

It literally is a game changer. Asymptomatic cases cease to really matter once those it actually impacts are protected anyway.
... which they pretty much will be by May (takes 3 or 4 weeks for immunity, don't forget), and then we can all get a haircut.

You might have covered off the most vulnerable but if you slacken off and it gets out of hand there's still a massive pool of people at the moment that can get infected.

That provides massive scope for the virus to mutate and you could end up back at square with something even worse.
This is my worry, so many people not taking up or not going to is the big issue.
Another slight concern is the slow down in vaccinations recently. Obviously the second vaccinations will slow down the firsts but hearing from a number of my mates who have had their first vaccine who then get a letter 2 weeks later to go for their first vaccine.......probably just needs a tweak to the admin side of things as they've done a fantastic job so far.

Another slight concern is the slow down in vaccinations recently.
Still doing high numbers but we are in the bit where supply from Pfizer drops as they had to reconfigure their main production plant in Belgium (I think). That is expectied to ramp back up in the next week or so and then the Moderna vaccine starts to arrive (and another 2 waiting for approval)

On the admin things - The poor folk are swamped right now, so there will be crossovers on info. Places are hiring new staff and volunteers but as I am well aware there have a huge backlog of new starters to sort through.

Still doing high numbers but we are in the bit where supply from Pfizer drops as they had to reconfigure their main production plant in Belgium (I think). That is expectied to ramp back up in the next week or so and then the Moderna vaccine starts to arrive (and another 2 waiting for approval)

On the admin things - The poor folk are swamped right now, so there will be crossovers on info. Places are hiring new staff and volunteers but as I am well aware there have a huge backlog of new starters to sort through.
yeah its just summat to keep an eye on. As I said no one should be whingeing about the roll out, the people involved are doing a fantastic job.

The numbers vaccinated is hugeley impressive. In around 4-6 weeks time if supply is there we would be able to run the programme 24/7 in many places across the UK.

People will moan about anything though, always has to be more done.

It was also no shock that a poll to ask the public if they approved of the UK handing surplus vaccines to poorer nations, around 4% of those asked said no. I mean what kind of a person are you if you would rather bin a vaccine rather than hand it over to a Country that needs them. Probably the same person that would also moan they can't go on their holidays as the destination country hasn't vaccinated enough for it to be safe I guess.

The numbers vaccinated is hugeley impressive. In around 4-6 weeks time if supply is there we would be able to run the programme 24/7 in many places across the UK.

People will moan about anything though, always has to be more done.

It was also no shock that a poll to ask the public if they approved of the UK handing surplus vaccines to poorer nations, around 4% of those asked said no. I mean what kind of a person are you if you would rather bin a vaccine rather than hand it over to a Country that needs them. Probably the same person that would also moan they can't go on their holidays as the destination country hasn't vaccinated enough for it to be safe I guess.
Surprised its as low as 4% actually. The way our govt is handling the vaccine is one of their few plus points imo. It appears that as soon as its doable we will be handing over a lot of vaccines to poorer nations. Think I read somewhere that we have put the most money of any country into the Covax programm....and by quite a lot.

Surprised its as low as 4% actually. The way our govt is handling the vaccine is one of their few plus points imo. It appears that as soon as its doable we will be handing over a lot of vaccines to poorer nations. Think I read somewhere that we have put the most money of any country into the Covax programm....and by quite a lot.
There were plenty of Don't Knows as well. Again, how the fuck do you not know what is the best option there

Think I read somewhere that we have put the most money of any country into the Covax programm....and by quite a lot.
We had but I think after the first G7 meeting this week, the USA and EU properly ramped up their contribution to match or beat our already impressive amount

it is all about the weather and seasons for me. if we have a decent spring, and weather similar to last year, it seems pretty clear that outdoors you're pretty safe. transmission risk is low. plus it is a lot easier to distance.
it is indoor stuff that contains the risks.

How can it start tomorrow with Ramsey, if he's already sat down with him and had his cosy chat?

Either his or my education has gone to pot somewhere along the line.
this as riled me more than it should too. that shift from future to past tense is ridiculous.

it is all about the weather and seasons for me. if we have a decent spring, and weather similar to last year, it seems pretty clear that outdoors you're pretty safe. transmission risk is low. plus it is a lot easier to distance.
it is indoor stuff that contains the risks.
Want to go & see me son's, but both are 100 miles away - if it's only outdoors then (at my age) I will need facilities at some point. Unless they are happy for me to 'water' their garden - not going to work till I can go inside.

i think being able to sit in families gardens, pub gardens and the like are pretty safe and ok. popping in to us facilities ain't an issue, as the time, and contact is outside.

i think being able to sit in families gardens, pub gardens and the like are pretty safe and ok. popping in to us facilities ain't an issue, as the time, and contact is outside.
Maybe the barbeque that one son is to arrange as soon as the weather is acceptable to be outside most of the time is still a possibility then - haven't seen one of them for 3 months & the other one for 6.

i am desperate for a bit of nicer warmer weather. being able to get outside the house with a modicum of comfort, instead of wearing 17 layers will make all the difference.

i am desperate for a bit of nicer warmer weather. being able to get outside the house with a modicum of comfort, instead of wearing 17 layers will make all the difference.
That is whats made this lockdown harder - at least in the first one i could potter in the garden & sit out in the sun.

That's not happening just now

So the Government are confident they will be able to open football stadiums to a degree in June and have contacted UEFA regarding hosting all of Euro 20/21 in this Country.

and now targeting offering the vaccine to every adult before July is done. Previous official target was September.

Matt Hancock really wants his Cornwall holiday...

I feel we need to see what percentage of that 4% have also said AlL lIvEs MaTtEr at least once in the last 12 months.

Back