• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I could post about how this particular coronavirus is a different case to previous ones, and that to say that vaccines haven't previously been developed isn't quite right again, but I'm not sure there's really much point.

Which previous coronavirus have they vaccinated against ?

Which previous coronavirus have they vaccinated against ?

Previous coronavirus vaccines have been produced that have been effective but didn't get rolled into full testing and distribution because the coronavirus in question burnt itself out before they got the chance. There were several promising MERS vaccines in the works, many of which have been smoothly adapted into COVID-19 treatments (the Oxford University vaccinology is deep in testing with one as we speak, with promising initial results).

Wow. Before you know it everybody can have one. They're winning the battle ! Prepare for the second wave - let's hope the flu vaccine is better this year than in 2015.

My tinhat time now, I don't think the vaccine will be relevant for most of society. I don't think we'll see a huge second wave, I think unfortunately societies most vulnerable have already died'.

Barring a mutation we won't go back into lockdown like we have now.

The govt now also have the perfect excuse if cases rise "we'll that's only because we're now testing people who have symptoms that we wouldn't have tested before"

Boris The Briefing Dodger is MIA again today

Good to see Boris at this briefing.

Oh.

So that's a week since he did anything bar PMQs.

Trump taking malaria medication as preventative against Covid, despite no evidence it does anything

So he takes the first drug he pushed as a cure. Probably about 2 weeks until he starts injecting himself with domestos then

I'm starting to find it very frustrating how often people are reporting things in different formats as time goes by. It makes it very difficult to make useful comparisons across time intervals when you haven't got the data segregated or displayed in the same way.

Someone, tredman I think, posted a really detailed ONS report a few weeks back that broke down the numbers into increasing levels of locality. However, the numbers were already out of date at the time of release given the source but they've since released updated figures with a completely different breakdown. Same happened with some other .gov website I was checking a while back, had a couple of graphics that I found very easy to follow and after a couple weeks in that format they ditched it for something else and you lose that comparison.

Previous coronavirus vaccines have been produced that have been effective but didn't get rolled into full testing and distribution because the coronavirus in question burnt itself out before they got the chance. There were several promising MERS vaccines in the works, many of which have been smoothly adapted into COVID-19 treatments (the Oxford University vaccinology is deep in testing with one as we speak, with promising initial results).

Well it can't be effective ie it cannot be used as a vaccine if it hasn't been fully tested therefore they don't know if it works? It is being developed. In fact the early development of the Sars vaccine resulted in an immune disease in animals. My point still stands true that they haven't successfully vaccinated against a coronavirus before and it is a tad optimistic they will in October let alone September. Yes, there really was no point in your reply.

My tinhat time now, I don't think the vaccine will be relevant for most of society. I don't think we'll see a huge second wave, I think unfortunately societies most vulnerable have already died'.

Barring a mutation we won't go back into lockdown like we have now.

The govt now also have the perfect excuse if cases rise "we'll that's only because we're now testing people who have symptoms that we wouldn't have tested before"

I don't think there'll be a second wave providing it has it's ass kicked before the cold weather hits which would enable complete containment early doors if it emerges. That's assuming it thrives on colder weather. Hard to say whethere lockdown has been truly effective or whether herd immunity has been more prominent. Cheap and freely available antibody/antigen tests are vital. Johnson's target of 12 weeks may still be on.

You know he'll come out and say "told you this worked,I took it and didn't catch it,you should have listened to the most fantastic,the best genius president "

Back