• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Was quite surprised on the electric car front last week whilst down in Cornwall.

Only place we parked all week that had a charger was when we popped in Aldi on the way back to our accommodation one night. Got about 3 miles range out the 7kw charger whilst we popped in for a few bits. None of the other car parks we used even had any installed from what I could see.

Even when we stopped for something to eat at Gloucester services they only had two units, and only one of those had a type 2 outlet. Thought I'd give the car a top up for the last run home and turned out the contactless reader was broke so I couldn't.

It's those occasional situations that deterred me from going full electric yet to be fair, I'm sure I could've found a charger somewhere if I needed to but it would've meant going out of my way just to sit and charge the car somewhere which doesn't seem great to me. At least the place we're staying have a type 2 charger, unfortunately they're currently awaiting on the battery to go with it as they've hooked it up from some PV panels to provide a free service but hopefully will be working by the time we next visit.

You have to be a bit organised and plan, but there are loads of rapid chargers around. Just need to scope out where - motorway services are a closed shop for gridserve (they are not great), but there’s loads of big hubs just off the motorway. Ionity just opened a big one in north Stafford for example.

You do all that planning then find some knob in a hybrid taking up the last charging space!

When your paying 50p a kW your not getting it any cheaper than fuel even at todays prices.

You do all that planning then find some knob in a hybrid taking up the last charging space!

When your paying 50p a kW your not getting it any cheaper than fuel even at todays prices.
Prices have definitely shot up recently. Though the LIDL near me still has a rapid at £26p/kW.

How much you getting off a full charge?

And how are you getting a full charge for £20 off a public charger??

**edit** Answered before I posted quite the skill!

The Lidlington are only 7kW though aren't they, not much use when I'm on the road

Nah, not at the big ones.

Plus Ionity is on bonnet now so max 35p, I pay 7.5 at home (or free when it’s sunny).

How much you getting off a full charge?

And how are you getting a full charge for £20 off a public charger??

**edit** Answered before I posted quite the skill!

The Lidlington are only 7kW though aren't they, not much use when I'm on the road
Usually top up for me is 50kwh, which is £17.50 and will do me 150 miles. Takes about 20 mins on a rapid.

Nah, not at the big ones.

Plus Ionity is on bonnet now so max 35p, I pay 7.5 at home (or free when it’s sunny).
Yeah I've had that experience, fucking really shity behaviour.

I charge at the ionity Banbury, the fast charge certainly isn't 35p. In fact as I didn't follow the procedure 100% the other week it just charged me for the £30 up front charge. I wouldn't mind but I was in a rush and only put 30 miles on, I get paid 5p a mile for work.

I also put in around 50kw per charge. Takes me from around 15% to 90%. Easily get 300 miles off a full charge in the Tesla.

I drove to Thorpe Park and back starting at 90%, with one stop at the Oxford Supercharger to top up while we got some breakfast.

Yeah I've had that experience, fucking really shity behaviour.

I charge at the ionity Banbury, the fast charge certainly isn't 35p. In fact as I didn't follow the procedure 100% the other week it just charged me for the £30 up front charge. I wouldn't mind but I was in a rush and only put 30 miles on, I get paid 5p a mile for work.
Sign up to Bonnet, use this link to get £15 free. All charges at Ionity are then at max £0.35

https://joinbonnet.page.link/kMoL4aToz8gh3e1Z9
Download Bonnet to discover how easy it can be to find a place to charge your electric car in the city 🏎. Register with this code to get £15 off your first upfront payment.

Your code: R434JY

Remember to thank your friend! 🥸

Ive got an 80kW battery and get usually around 185 to a tank, 200 at a push

I drive about with no Aircon on to try and get more, I can usually get about 2.7kWpm on a good run but in a rush/winter/raining/the sky's blue it hovers around the 2.2 mark.

I've had to really moderate my driving too, certainly taken alot of fun out of it.

What car do you have newbridge? I’ve got an ipace which definitely isn’t the best efficiency wise - but I’m still getting 240 miles from the 80kwh battery.

Sign up to Bonnet, use this link to get £15 free. All charges at Ionity are then at max £0.35

https://joinbonnet.page.link/kMoL4aToz8gh3e1Z9
Download Bonnet to discover how easy it can be to find a place to charge your electric car in the city 🏎. Register with this code to get £15 off your first upfront payment.

Your code: R434JY

Remember to thank your friend! 🥸
Mate your a life saver, I'm off to sign up!

What car do you have newbridge? I’ve got an ipace which definitely isn’t the best efficiency wise - but I’m still getting 240 miles from the 80kwh battery.
EQC it's a nice car just can't get over the range. Ordered during the Jan lockdown and the official was about 254 everything I read up on said about 230.

Picking up a scheme for the Slough office made it worse as I have been travelling down there and Oxford alot.

EQC it's a nice car just can't get over the range. Ordered during the Jan lockdown and the official was about 254 everything I read up on said about 230.

Picking up a scheme for the Slough office made it worse as I have been travelling down there and Oxford alot.
That was my other option when I got mine - I’d probably have got the EQC but the Jag dealer offered a great deal.

Signed up and used your code so hope that gets back to you.

240 miles of an 80kW is 3mpkW I have got to that but driving at 60mph on a sunny day with no aircon on

Back