• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coventry (H, FAC) 16/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still never seen a single highlight of that game can barely remember the goals, it was a great day until the 94th minute.
Didn’t help days afterwards the media lauding Troy Deeney as some kind of role model hero whilst demeaning Raul for wearing a mask.

Anyone who’s managed to forget that day has done extremely well
It's only the plastic bags I can't remember.
The trip down with my lad and the first 75 minutes of the game were brilliant, after that it was hellish and stamped on my mind.

It's only the plastic bags I can't remember.
The trip down with my lad and the first 75 minutes of the game were brilliant, after that it was hellish and stamped on my mind.
I couldn’t go to Wembley so my dad brought me the bag back. I use it for shoes in my suitcase - I reckon it’s visited almost every continent bar Antarctic.

I was epically drunk that day and have no recollection of any of it.
I think I finished 10 can carry out from the Sainsbury local on Wembley way, arrived at 1130 and kick off was at 1600

Team news: "We've decided not to do injury updates today. I'll do it tomorrow after the big game."

"Our approach to it will definitely be the same. We will need the fans to help, especially when you have players missing. I'm desperate to give the fans more enjoyable moments."

Win cup? "It's tough. You need a lot of things to go your way. None of my attention is on winning it, it's on beating Coventry tomorrow. It will be a huge test and we need to get through it."

[On Cunha] "He's done really well, incredibly well. He's in a great mood and the lads are really pleased to have him back in training.

"It's an unbelievable effort for him to get back into full training as quickly as he has. It's now on us to manage him the best way we can and get the best out of him.

"We were expecting to be without him a lot longer than we have been. We're delighted to have him back in training and it's given the group a real lift."

One final answer from Gary O'Neil, when asked if he can say anything on the severity of Neto and Bellegarde's injuries: "I'm pleased with the state of where people are, at this moment. From where it could have been, to where it is, we're probably in a better spot."

Continued: "But I'm sure our fans will understand giving team news away before an FA Cup quarter-final will hand unnecessary advantages to the opposition. It's important we keep stuff in house, that's why we haven't named the team yet."

I also think it's partly having players break down again after saying they are fit.

I think he's spot on. Give cov nothing to work with, and let them make their own decisions.

If we're having to resort to extensive subterfuge to allow us to beat Coventry at home, then it's a sad indictment of how thin our squad is.

And it's disrespectful to Coventry to think that they haven't already done due diligence for the possibility of having to play our strongest XI?

I'm pretty sure they'll have watched the most recent tape of us with and without Neto or Cunha, there is after all plenty of it available.

It's a lot easier to plan to play against a team when you're pretty certain of their starting 11 rather than not knowing.

It's a lot easier to plan to play against a team when you're pretty certain of their starting 11 rather than not knowing.
"If we don't know our plan, then the opposition definitely won't" :D

NINTCHDBPICT000702404631.jpg

I'm not even making that quote up.

Dean Saunders says Wolves have no style.

The new boss stresses a flexibility to formations that will baffle on-lookers.

“I haven’t got a style of football,” he said.

“If people watch us over six games they won’t be able to say how we play.

“They won’t be able to work out what is happening because there’s a bit of everything in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back