• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coventry (H, FAC) 16/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm such a shit manager, the players haven't got a clue what I want them to do"

Beyond the injuries is the fact that a lineup nobody predicted was widely leaked on the morning of the match last week. Fair to assume that's got back to him and he's pissed off about it.

Coventry will know our best XI just like we all do.

Only question is Cunha or Fraser through the middle.

Cunha hasn’t really been in the middle, has he? I felt like he’d more or less permanently drifted to the left.

Eh, probably just tactical semantics.

We don't have an actual striker in the entire squad outwith kids (which Fraser still is, though I don't think he's looked as short of the mark as most others).

Surely Cunha will be on the bench tomorrow? Can’t see him being thrown straight in.

I think the lack of an injury update is bad news. We’ll be without Neto, Hwang, Bellegarde & Dawson.

All the QFs in my time (can't find a dedicated video for the first Palace game in 1995, not much to miss other than Sid Cowans' goal that was clearly a foul):

Curle going in on JFH after the penalty in the Leeds game is iconic.

We don't have an actual striker in the entire squad outwith kids (which Fraser still is, though I don't think he's looked as short of the mark as most others).
This has been odd to me; I sort of expected that as he's "one of our own" people would shade overly positive. Hasn't worked out that way.

I just think it’s very similar to when Fabio had to play at 18, just a ridiculous situation to be in. The kid tries as hard but isn’t ready to produce what we need at that level. Not his fault. He did fine against Fulham I thought.

(A major 35m difference of course..)

Surely Cunha will be on the bench tomorrow? Can’t see him being thrown straight in.

I think the lack of an injury update is bad news. We’ll be without Neto, Hwang, Bellegarde & Dawson.
unlike you to assume it is bad news.

I would massively prefer us to do this every week. Keep the team sheet secret until you have to publish it.

That Chelsea game was the very first time I've ever shared a stand with the home fans. No segregation in the top tier, both fans went to the bar together and the bogs together.

I won’t be there (shit kick off time) but hopefully I’ll be in the Nags Head again in Covent Garden in a few weeks time.

Last edited:
We have to play our strongest side……this is for a semi final at Wembley……we are Wolves, not Liverpool.

If Cunha is fit enough for the bench, he’s fit enough to start.

He plays for me. Absolutely no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back