• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coventry (H, FAC) 16/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The frustrating thing about Fraser is he seems slow to make runs or react to anything. The technical deficiency I expect but he doesn’t seem to have the instincts of a striker either.
The speed of the game is just too much for him currently. Lack of senior experience more than anything

Just going to be a case of injuries costing us today, said it earlier the front players we’ve got out certainly levels things to a point.

It looks like we will need to beat them with pace rather than power.

They are definitely matching up physically.

It’s not gonna stick with Fraser and he’s not a good enough footballer so play Sarabia through the middle and bring a wide player (no idea who) on who will give us pace down one of the sides.

The speed of the game is just too much for him currently. Lack of senior experience more than anything

Yeah it’s quite clear he’s not ready, not his fault (or O’Neil’s). As someone who doesn’t play any kind of football I think I forget the absolute mountain of difference between levels of the game.

He's playing against a mid table championship side. Should be a good test for him.
And it’s still one of his first ever senior appearances. Unless they are a super star or really ever just happens like that

Yeah it’s quite clear he’s not ready, not his fault (or O’Neil’s). As someone who doesn’t play any kind of football I think I forget the absolute mountain of difference between levels of the game.
Yeah I feel for GON. What else is he meant to do here really

Fuck Jeff Shi basically

Yeah he's not terrible by any means but our squad depth has clearly deprived him of a useful loan. May as well bring on a different on of the young options, just to offer something slightly different for a bit

Some thoughts from the ground:

-Way too slow in possession, and we are often very static. Doyle is on the ball, looks up... not much there.
-Lemina does link well with Ait-Nouri but him drifting out left does seem like a waste of his ability.
-Semedo's judgement when going forwards is very poor.
-Fraser is struggling against those two Coventry CBs - but then we have no alternative option.

We're lucky to not be losing, poor half. Thankfully Simms is so bad, but they may punish us yet.

Fraser may well be a good player for us in time. Feel more optimistic for him than I ever did about Fabio, but today we need someone up front who can impose himself a bit more than Fraser can at present.
Maybe Doc up front?
We need to try something, as Cov are proving a tough nut to crack, and should be ahead on chances.

I think we've looked better when we've more direct, be that with a longer ball or by running at them.

The tip, tap stuff is easy to defend against when you have 9 men behind the ball, which they largely have when we get forward.

The fact that Matt Doherty up front is genuinely in the top three most plausible options makes me want to hurt myself
I was just about to post the same thing. He'd probably give us more goal threat.

The lad shouldn`t be on the pitch, not his fault. I would take him off, move RAN up front and bring on Bueno.

Awful!

Fraser and Sarabia just stop and let the two Coventry players go.

Make a fucking decision!

Shite marking. Two of them lining up for it at the back post to head it back across. Then midfielders standing watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back