• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cracking Story

Mint sauce on chips or fish is just wrong. I don't like ketchup on it either though. Salad cream or tartare sauce all the way for me.

Mint sauce on cheesy chips is well nice.

As for fish and chips, has to be mushy peas, surely?

Yep. Mushy peas covered in salad cream!

I should imagine minty peas with fish and chips would be 'lush' as you kids call it :)

Possible explanations are:

1. He's returning both items for full price, using the receipt for one, and the bank statement for the other.
2. He's buying the sale item multiple times at different stores and then returning them for full price.

Neither of those are borne out in the details of the story though.

It's really bugging me that I can't work it out tho!

He buys a TV for £500 and the same TV for £250. He's spent £750.
He returns the £250 TV and gets £500 of credit, which he exchanges for £500 of other stuff.
He's now got £1000 worth of stuff, but he's still only spent £750.

But he could have just spent £750 on the £250 (sale price) TV and £500 on other things without having to pull the "scam".

I think that he has kept purchasing a reduced price TV but claimed a refund for the full price TV at all of the different stores.

But he could have just spent £750 on the £250 (sale price) TV and £500 on other things without having to pull the "scam".

So really it's a reflection on the state of British education, given that they enjoy making the point that he had A level maths and economics, like he's some criminal mastermind.

I think that he has kept purchasing a reduced price TV but claimed a refund for the full price TV at all of the different stores.

I think that's got to be it. Did it 40 times, totaled £27,000 (£675 per item), scamming £5,000 (£125 each time).

I think that's got to be it. Did it 40 times, totaled £27,000 (£675 per item), scamming £5,000 (£125 each time).

Yes, it must be. He must have spent close to that in petrol going around 40 different stores. And how long would that have taken him, for a mere £5k of Argos tat? Doesn't seem to have carried out a full cost–benefit analysis, despite the Economics A level. He'd have been better off going to car boot sales.

The story behind this E&S headline is hugely disapointing

Man who went on karaoke rampage in Walsall pub locked up

Was hoping to read about a Walsall man who stormed into pubs in the town and took over the Karaoke machines, slaughtered a few tunes and moved on to the next place. Instead it is about an arsehat who went round hitting people and chucking some speakers around.

Back