• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crusaders (H) 25-07 Build Up

I think we are past the point where you hope traore will learn to run into open space or exploit gaps. Give him the ball and hope for the best

There were plenty of times I pointed out to Cass where Doherty would have been in that situation and Traore was miles off. Yeah he did beat his man several times but his positioning could have hurt them loads more. I don’t think he played badly at all but yeah I’d agree that he’s never going to be able to read a game and make intelligent runs.

Will try.
Genuainely, I watched online and thought we were pretty fucking good. After the final whistle I scrolled through a couple of pages of the match thread, then turned the PC off thinking it was probably me. Glad to see it isn't!

So basically dismissing anything on here other than what DW's put. Cool

Have read this thread with interest, but realistically this was efectively a pre season game (& it felt like it) with a team that is not fully up to speed & unprecedented heat - & I was only standing there they had to run around as well (left the RL earlier than usual as had enough, bought a shedload of water in the ground & it was debatable whether you were better off drinking it or pouring it over your head!)

We won 2 - 0, could have been 5 or 6 but for their defence throwing themselves in the way for blocks which they managed a number of times (though our shot direction was not exactly completly accurate) & they were well drilled for a damage limitation game.

Traore's role has been discussed again :icon_rolleyes: but thought he had one of his better games even with 2 players trying to stop him most of the evening. ndorset said at half time that he needed to cut in sometimes rather than just going round the outside of the FB (which he did often). Got an assist by doing that, but when he did cut in a couple of times towards the end of the match then caused a bit of chaos. Did aggravate a little that he is standing stock still rather than moving to create a position for someone to pass into for him though.

Crusaders came for getting nil whilst trying to limit us to as few as possible & got it. If they do that in the return leg it will be the same result.

Been out all day so my apologies if this point has already been made, but Jonny deserves an assist for the 2nd goal. Why? Because when his number when up he jumped over the boards in front of the SB lower and walked round the pitch via the South Bank. If he'd walked across the pitch there probably wouldn't have been time for the 2nd goal

Been out all day so my apologies if this point has already been made, but Jonny deserves an assist for the 2nd goal. Why? Because when his number when up he jumped over the boards in front of the SB lower and walked round the pitch via the South Bank. If he'd walked across the pitch there probably wouldn't have been time for the 2nd goal
He doesn't have a choice they are the rules now. Have to leave the pitch at the nearest point.

He doesn't have a choice they are the rules now. Have to leave the pitch at the nearest point.

Is that right? When the last Crues sub was made the guy walked at least 2/3rds of the way across the pitch to go off - and stoppped half way to adjust his sock. Nearest point to him was very clearly behind the Crues goal

Yes they time wasted quite a bit, ref was a bit lax there.

Still with the last sub they bought on a guy with a similar physique to me, can't have helped them tbh.

Is that right? When the last Crues sub was made the guy walked at least 2/3rds of the way across the pitch to go off - and stoppped half way to adjust his sock. Nearest point to him was very clearly behind the Crues goal
Presume the ref missed it then. It could be sideline rather than goal line I suppose, but didn't think that was the rule

Presume the ref missed it then. It could be sideline rather than goal line I suppose, but didn't think that was the rule
Think he just let it slide, pretty sure Jonny headed for the dug out at first but the ref told him to go the other way. Then the following subs were all spread somewhere across the middle of the pitch so didn't make a huge difference which way they went.

Can see that one taking a while to really bed in because it's so ingrained to just swap with the incoming player at the dugouts that players will probably need reminding of the new process for a while. Some referees might forget about it too or just not be that arsed so can see plenty being allowed to swap in the current fashion for a while yet.

Just looked at the new rules for this season. If the ball hits the ref and gives an advantage to a team it's brought back for a drop ball! That's serial narcissist Mike Dean fucked then!

Just looked at the new rules for this season. If the ball hits the ref and gives an advantage to a team it's brought back for a drop ball! That's serial narcissist Mike Dean fucked then!

By a distance the best referee we had last season. He might have an ego but that means he's not influenced by anything or anyone and gives decision based on what he thinks, i can cope with that.

As S Club 7 didn't sing. There ain't no penalty like a Mike Dean penalty
747d26a0b786e45a118658e42fe74d5d.jpg

By a distance the best referee we had last season. He might have an ego but that means he's not influenced by anything or anyone and gives decision based on what he thinks, i can cope with that.

Christ on a bike a Mike Dean fan!

ban him please!

Only teasing. Dean was decent last season tbf

I agree. I find him quite amusing now to be honest too.

Back