• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dave "I broke a leg" Whelan

Gonna sell up and open a chain of 'Chinky's'.

To be fair, he is only doing what he said he would if found guilty by the F.A. He is still the owner of Wigan Athletic.

I heard a rumour, haven't checked to see if its true though

Don't worry, I'm scouring Google as we speak !

Good timing considering there about to drop back to there natural level of the lower leagues.

Their natural level is actually non-league. One of the myriad reasons I hate Manchester United is they had the casting vote on a new member coming into the league back in the seventies and chose Wigan rather than Bath City who had won the Southern League before Easter that year.

Did see that he had no idea why he'd been banned and fined for racist language,it's because you've been using racist language dave,he also said he was misquoted,in interview,even though the interview was replayed and yes he did say what he said.
I think he's seen Wigan are crap,falling through the leagues,doesn't want to be associated with failure,hence jumping ship,he'll be on TV no doubt taking the praise for the good times,
I'd love it if wolves fans away at Wigan booed him when he comes out,and chant "one Norman deeley",good riddance to the racist,bitter old man.

I really hope that it's us that relegates them at the end of the season.

Saw this on my phone from SNN under 'Breaking News'. I thought - FFS here we go again.

We won't be relegating Wigan. They will be gone before they play us. My big concern is us relegating Millwall, which will probably result in absolute carnage.

We won't be relegating Wigan. They will be gone before they play us. My big concern is us relegating Millwall, which will probably result in absolute carnage.

I'm sure both their fans will be easy to handle.

Never seen them bring anything worth calling support to Molineux

I'm sure both their fans will be easy to handle.

Never seen them bring anything worth calling support to Molineux

I remember watching us beat them at home a fair few years ago and a couple of 12 year olds shouted 'facking Wolves cants' at me & my mate as we were walking out of the ground That was about the extent of their fearsome support. As hooligan moments go, it's up there with my mate getting punched in the ear by a teenage Reading fan as we were walking back to the car at the Madejski after the Play Offs (their fans were SO bitter that night). Instead of being intimidated my mate was outraged that it was his ear that had been punched - who punches someone's ear?!

I remember watching us beat them at home a fair few years ago and a couple of 12 year olds shouted 'facking Wolves cants' at me & my mate as we were walking out of the ground That was about the extent of their fearsome support. As hooligan moments go, it's up there with my mate getting punched in the ear by a teenage Reading fan as we were walking back to the car at the Madejski after the Play Offs (their fans were SO bitter that night). Instead of being intimidated my mate was outraged that it was his ear that had been punched - who punches someone's ear?!

Is your 'mate' Tyler Durden?

Found this on the wall in a pub tonight. Second from last sentence.

2aa9f4429c345c6962ad666d3183e4c3.jpg

Back