• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby 3-1 Wolves: The Verdict

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
I can handle us losing. We aren't very good. We need massive, massive changes. We all know that.

What I don't get is why in nothing games we're making the same subs as ever (Bod for Dicko when we're chasing a game, it doesn't work, he won't score), Graham and Silvio need minutes (so does Mason, even if I think he's shit) but they've not got off the bench today, MGW disappearing from view - I mean he might be injured but as far as we know he isn't - central midfielders at full back, Edwards playing every minute of every game when he is offering absolutely nothing. Please explain all that Paul.

Roll on 2pm next Sunday.

What were we waiting for, substandard team, substandard management, ME! I am over the moon we didn't get relegated.
Everything else is a bonus!

I'm just ready for the transfer window to open so we can get some positivity going. Nothing breeds optimism like youtube highlights of new signings!

I tried to post during the game but reception was shocking.
Both full backs were absolutely shite at defending and had rings run round them. 2 new ones required.
On the red card.. Cav caught his man and the ref blew for a free kick. He called Cav to him but the Derby player confronted him. Edwards told him to come over to the ref and a second Derby player joined the first. I'm sure I'll be proved wrong by the highlights later but there didn't appear to be a clash of heads.
Bright Enobakare was very sharp when he came on and the other "highlights" of our team were Hause, Marshall, Saiss and Dicko.
We kept going which is all I could ask with 10 men but that's all I can offer

We can go round this all day. We can only hope for out of the blue eureka moments in the transfer window.

If the majority of the players who have played this season, ( I think everyone knows who I am talking about ) are still at the club , we will be in the same position as we are now. I agree what DW says 100%. It's very, very poor management.

Darlo, you say saiss was a highlight, but WM were very down on him all game - why was he a highlight?

What has really disappointed me - and I do not think it augurs well for the summer or for next season - is the way Lambert has simply let this season fall away. There seems to be no pride, no desire at the moment and... well, I don't need to re-hash all the old arguments. But Lambert is making me lose interest: he's a dour, miserable cunt, which I can tolerate if he is winning games, but if we're losing, learning nothing and just churning out the same old shit, what's the point? Anyway, there's the best bet of the football season on offer next week: some bookie might go 7/1 about Wolves 0-0 Preston...

Another disgracefully performance by all in my opinion. We couldn't defend any ball whether it be over the top, crosses from fullback areas far to easy. Midfield ambled about without a care in the world. And Dicky made to win long balls all game. Nothing absolutely nothing to raise any spirits even with the Marshall goal. Derby could have beat us 5 or 6 again.

Bright the only positive when he came on.

MOTM The fans. WOLVES don't deserve that support today. Simply brilliant lads. Even the Derby fans clapped us at the end.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Darlo, you say saiss was a highlight, but WM were very down on him all game - why was he a highlight?

He kept working right to the end, closing down and incisive passing. Won his fair share of headers and showed a very good "engine". Did some simple stuff too although he did have a shaky start. Came into his own when we were down to 10 men and stepped up

Its really hard not to get down about the state of affairs at Wolves right now, I haven't been down that often this season so I have to tip my hat to the poor sods that have a season ticket and have had to watch this crap over and over again. I was filled with optimism early on in Lambert's reign and to be fair his record isn't that bad all things considered. The obsession with Dave Edwards is really grating on me now, the weird team selections and tactics and the willingness to drop good players when they make the odd fuck up whilst others will play if they are utter shit irrespective.

Monumental change is needed, if Lambert intends to continue with some of that lot next season then I would happily bin him and move on.

I just want the season to end, I want to know who is staying and who is going (including coaching staff and management) and then decide if its worth getting a season ticket again.

As for today, nothing less than I expected 2 midfielders at fullback & 9 players (starting with 10) you are asking for trouble. Cav incident looked like nothing just walked into him didn't look like he nutted him or anything, looks incredibly harsh from the Sky Sports angle.

If AJ loses tonight it will cap a thoroughly crap day

Another disgracefully performance by all in my opinion. We couldn't defend any ball whether it be over the top, crosses from fullback areas far to easy. Midfield ambled about without a care in the world. And Dicky made to win long balls all game. Nothing absolutely nothing to raise any spirits even with the Marshall goal. Derby could have beat us 5 or 6 again.

Bright the only positive when he came on.

MOTM The fans. WOLVES don't deserve that support today. Simply brilliant lads. Even the Derby fans clapped us at the end.

All of the reports i've seen have mentioned this and i've got to say fair play to them but then there's a part of me that thinks all of you there are silly fuckers for getting behind that shite. However i would have probably done the same had i been able to go. The fans over the last 2 years in particular have been good and deserve something to cheer next season.

I didn't join in as they don't deserve that type of praise. But ill not say a word about it as it's either twiddle your thumbs and vent, or just not give a fuck and just play along.

Decided that I couldn't be bothered to listen to this & went up the Bowls Club & watched a team showing more control & accuracy with a (roughly) spherical object than it appears Wolves provided at Derby today.

Sitting in the sun with a beer was decidedly better than what appears to have been on offer here.

He kept working right to the end, closing down and incisive passing. Won his fair share of headers and showed a very good "engine". Did some simple stuff too although he did have a shaky start. Came into his own when we were down to 10 men and stepped up

So encouraging to hear that after he's had a mare the past two games.

How often have we had players go missing in tough circumstances over the past few years? Refreshing that we have one who became more prominent in a bad situation (jury is still out on Romain overall, admittedly).

Decided that I couldn't be bothered to listen to this & went up the Bowls Club & watched a team showing more control & accuracy with a (roughly) spherical object than it appears Wolves provided at Derby today.

Sitting in the sun with a beer was decidedly better than what appears to have been on offer here.
The commentary today was very irritating, Butler in particular was doing my head in. I think you made a very wise decision!

The commentary today was very irritating, Butler in particular was doing my head in. I think you made a very wise decision!

The commentary is always irritating - you learn to tune out the irrelevant bits & just hope that they do actually describe enough of the football action to allow you to have a sense of what is happening

Can't be true, Burrows and Butler spent the 90 minutes moaning about his effort and application, and they would never pick on a foreign player ahead of the British ones who are performing pathetically themselves...

The commentary is always irritating - you learn to tune out the irrelevant bits & just hope that they do actually describe enough of the football action to allow you to have a sense of what is happening

I really hope they revamp the whole commentary side. Burrows is shit and 'say like' Thompson is a cunt

Just watched the highlights and the defending is a disgrace. I have no idea where Coady was for the opener and he got skinned for the 2nd. Saiss looked to be at fault for that one too as Johnson just ran off the back of him. No idea about the third as they haven't put it in highlights but i guess it wasn't great.

Back