• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Deutsch's Classic Shirt Sponsor Thread

Anything beginning with a 'C'
Crown paints, Carlsberg, Candy...

Anything beginning with a 'C'
Crown paints, Carlsberg, Candy...
My ex boss used to refuse to drink Carlsberg because they sponsored Liverpool. Other more reasonable reasons are valid.

I always found Carlsberg pretty inoffensive as Eurolagers go. Shades out Heineken, at least.

I always found Carlsberg pretty inoffensive as Eurolagers go. Shades out Heineken, at least.
You get a different, stronger version to our standard pub one - essentially what they call Carlsberg Export over here

My ex boss used to refuse to drink Carlsberg because they sponsored Liverpool. Other more reasonable reasons are valid.
remember reports in liverpool that all liverpool fans binned all sharp products when man u had them as sponsors. apparently this is common behaviour!

also, whilst tidying up a room at home this weekend, I found an old folder full of Pro Set cards. Me and my brother got the full set. They were I assume the official card of the FA, and perhaps were trying to lean into the panini sticker album market. Looking at the old shirts was a memory lane trip (arsenal had JVC, villa were Mita copiers, chelsea were commodore, coventry peugeot, palace virgin airways, derby were maxwell, everton NEC, leeds were top man, liverpool Candy, Luton were vauxhall, man city brother, man u sharp, norwich were acsics, notts forest shipstones, qpr were influence leisure wear (no me neither), sheff utd laver, southampton draper tools, sunderland were Vaux, Spurs were holsten, and wimbledon were samsung!)

Kit maker rather than sponsor but our old friends Burrda seem to have completely disappeared now.

Truly the glory days all round.

article-2077000-0F3E3CE800000578-662_308x185.jpg

That was the only one of theirs I ever bought, still got it upstairs though it's a tight old fit these days.

It was Burrda who did that kit launch with the Wolves head upside IIRC. David Davis was modelling it - prior to that 'memorable' 12/13 campaign.

Fucking hell, that really was a shit year for us, wasn't it?

Shittest shirt ever, shittest manager ever, shittest football ever, just wall to wall shit. Horrible year.

Not long after that, I broke up with my ex wife and suddenly everything started to improve. So basically, it was probably her fault.

Shittest shirt ever, shittest manager ever, shittest football ever, just wall to wall shit. Horrible year.

Not long after that, I broke up with my ex wife and suddenly everything started to improve. So basically, it was probably her fault.
I had undiagnosed bipolar running riot. It wasn't very much fun.

Watching the likes of Nouble, Pennant, Zubar, Doumbia, Hunt, Robinson and Gorkss didn't help much!

The design on that shirt is still my favorite of any we’ve had during my time supporting.

Shame about the quality and the sponsor.
Less orange and with black collar and cuffs would have been pretty decent

The design on that shirt is still my favorite of any we’ve had during my time supporting.

Shame about the quality and the sponsor.

Are you trolling?! It's horrific.

Back