• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dicko & Bodvarsson's Lack of Goals

The sad truth is neither Dicko or Bod have performed consistency at this level, both would be great in league 1. Players like Dave Edwards get constantly slagged for "all he does is scores goals", "just runs around a lot" and "has no technical ability". Dicko and Bod have had a free pass, Leon got hammered for their kind of form (no I wasn't a fan of his). It's like persisting with SEB all over again. However, I have faith in PL that he will bring in a goal scorer in the summer.

In fairness Dicko didn't play any of the games in November. It was because he wasn't playing that we were absolutely boned, having to use Leon/Sagbo/McAlinden/Danny Graham up there.

Leon trying to play that role was like watching Danny Dyer try to play Hamlet.
Or Elokobi play Little Red Riding Hood.

There were plenty of chances or opportunities to sign a striker if Lambert wanted too in this window. The fact that he hasnt done that must mean he is giving Bod and Dicko the rest of the season to get some goals. If they get 10 between them by May then we may stick rather than twist given the costs of a poacher. If not we will have to shell out. The fact that Rhodes, Wells, Abraham, Wood, Bent, Martin and now Matty Taylor and Clough are all now in the championship shows what we could have gone for but chose not too. Thats a big show of faith from Lambert and I hope it gets repaid. Bod in his career is not prolific. He is doing exactly what Dod does for club and country. Dicko however is under scoring. I dont think Bod is was or ever will be more than 10 goals a season whereas Dicko should be around the 20 mark. We cannot have everything! Costa, Cav and Edwards have stepped up and thats great. Weimann may also be a great addition. This season is about consolidating and forming the unit/ foundation to press next year. Welcome to the world of football team ownership FOSUN, its a rollercoaster and you have to learn quickly.

Promotion requires a striker banging in the goals on the regular. Much as I like Dicko/Bod I'm not sure they will.

What I'd give for a pre-injury ebanks-blake

Promotion requires a striker banging in the goals on the regular. Much as I like Dicko/Bod I'm not sure they will.

You are probably right but at least Lambert is giving them every chance. As I say, its Dicko who really needs to start scoring

You are probably right but at least Lambert is giving them every chance. As I say, its Dicko who really needs to start scoring

Absolutely - they have until the end of the season to prove they can score. Even if we do buy a striker having Dicko + Bod in the squad is no bad thing!

Dicko & Bod now have 18 games (+ any remaining cup games) to prove that they are worthwhile persisting with

Agree that Dicko needs to put it into the net more than Bod who I think brings other attributes into the team

At the moment Dicko is a shadow of the player who scored that second goal in the Millwall highlights. He's had a few games to get back to that now, and just doesn't look anywhere near as sharp. Both he and Bod have many great qualities, as they both showed against Liverpool, but their lack of results in front of goal has been covered up by the midfield's input. As I think others have said, different players in different circumstances have been vilified for their current goalscoring form, theyre surviving on personality and good will, not performance. If we don't have anyone coming through the ranks I would imagine we are already looking around ahead of summer for a new striker

At the moment Dicko is a shadow of the player who scored that second goal in the Millwall highlights. He's had a few games to get back to that now, and just doesn't look anywhere near as sharp. Both he and Bod have many great qualities, as they both showed against Liverpool, but their lack of results in front of goal has been covered up by the midfield's input. As I think others have said, different players in different circumstances have been vilified for their current goalscoring form, theyre surviving on personality and good will, not performance. If we don't have anyone coming through the ranks I would imagine we are already looking around ahead of summer for a new striker

I would go north of the border foir value if there is enough quality. It may not be there. Scunthorpe Josh Morris ? Maybe?

SEB wouldn't fit into the formation we play, didn't lead the line in the way we need. Needed a partner to play off.

There may be a gem in Niall Ennis towards the end of the season. Isnt he back in training now.?

There may be a gem in Niall Ennis towards the end of the season. Isnt he back in training now.?
He was back outside but just doing running a couple of weeks ago. Still a fair bit away but we will certainly see him in the 1st team before this season ends

excited about our young players..such as Ronan, Ennis, Bright...we have lots and our development teams are doing more than fine

He was back outside but just doing running a couple of weeks ago. Still a fair bit away but we will certainly see him in the 1st team before this season ends
And we have the right person in charge to give him his chance as well..

Would like to to see Herc given a chance - have heard good things about him as well

Back