• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Easter weekend

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
Easter weekend and it is an international break. It is just silly. There was a time when the two games over Easter had a major bearing on the promotion/relegation situation across the leagues. Now it is being used for meaningless friendlies.

Down to Easter being stupidly early really. There are always international friendlies at the end of March.

Yes, but it was known that Easter was very early this year, they could have had the international break a week earlier.

It's down to FIFA when that window is though and they aren't going to be especially minded to move it just for the UK, no-one else has a double header like we do.

Blame the Church and their calendar which makes no logical sense...

Easter weekend and it is an international break. It is just silly. There was a time when the two games over Easter had a major bearing on the promotion/relegation situation across the leagues. Now it is being used for meaningless friendlies.

There was a time when we played on Christmas Day and then again a day later.

Sure players like Danny Drinkwater don't think the games are meaningless though

A quick google confirms that the planned date for Easter Celebrations was thought about some 1700 years prior to the International Break....

A quick google confirms that the planned date for Easter Celebrations was thought about some 1700 years prior to the International Break....

They should have just set a date rather than being a bit vague and saying it's any time between about the 23rd of March and the 20th of April.

They should have just set a date rather than being a bit vague and saying it's any time between about the 23rd of March and the 20th of April.

Tough to nail down the exact dates when this dude died and came back from the dead.

I don't think there should be break in the league fixtures, just play one midweek friendly.

Bit late on the uptake as it was decided by the breakaway rebels at the First Council of Nicaea in 325, bloody Councils I bet they had Kit-Kats at the meeting and just rushed it through so they could all go home - setting the precedent for every Council meeting there after

Crucif....no, I won't do it.

Bit late on the uptake as it was decided by the breakaway rebels at the First Council of Nicaea in 325, bloody Councils I bet they had Kit-Kats at the meeting and just rushed it through so they could all go home - setting the precedent for every Council meeting there after

'So, when are we having this Easter thing, chaps?'

'I dunno, some time in March or April sounds good'

'Done. Let's go watch the non-John Fashanu Gladiators'

Only on TWF could a thread about fixture dates start a debate about the Catholic Church...!!

Tough to nail down the exact dates when this dude died and came back from the dead.

Don't know exactly when it was,but do know his last words were "don't Nick my Easter eggs,I'll be back in three days"

Back