• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

English Wonderkids of 2011 - 2 of the Top 10 at Wolves!

Busangaz

Reaction score
Found an interesting article worth sharing. Shame to see that some of these potentially top players (Frimpong especially) have gone wayward. Silver lining, two of our own Afobe and Jordan Graham made that list 4 years ago. Afobe undoubtedly can still fulfill his potential. I hope Jordan Graham gets a chance to display his in the near future.

10. Jordan Graham (Wolves)
9. Benik Afofe (Wolves)
8. Ross Barkley (Everton)
7. Eric Dier (Spurs)
6. Emmanuel Frimpong (Ufa FC)
5. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
4. Ravel Morrison (Lazio)
3. Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)
2. Josh McEachran (Vitesse Arnhem - on loan from Chelsea)
1. Nathaniel Chalobah (Reading - on loan from Chelsea)

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/...teds-ravel-morrison-and-9-english-wonderkids/

Almost sad reading that.

Graham - Who knows, but doubtful he'll manage an international call.
Afobe - Hard to believe that was written about him four years ago. Is looking the business and could actually meet those expectations.
Barkley - Difficult to figure, has a touch of brilliance and is obviously a presence internationally now but his major step back this year is a worry.
Dier - Certainly hasn't lived up to the billing at Spurs, but still has some time.
Frimpong - Jesus wept.
Ox - Great player, wish Wenger wouldn't fuck him around and just play him as a proper winger.
Morrison - Jesus wept blood.
Sterling - Clearly the class of the group. One of England's top 2 or 3 players?
McEachren - *sighs*
Chalobah - *cries*

I don't think Dier has had a bad season. I doubt he expected to feature as much as he has done considering he wasn't a regular in Lisbon.

I don't think Dier has had a bad season. I doubt he expected to feature as much as he has done considering he wasn't a regular in Lisbon.
They should have loaned him back, another season in Portugal would have been better for his development.

How so? Playing every week as a centre back in the premier league is good development surely?

He's played more games at right back than centre half hasn't he?

How so? Playing every week as a centre back in the premier league is good development surely?

From a football point of vew he wasn't quite ready, and I see Portugal as a better place to develop as a young footballer.

He's played a lot more at centre back recently I think. Regardless, he didn't play loads for Lisbon and has played a lot this season whether it be at right back or centre back. He seems quite rash but I think he's a decent player.

Why has this turned into a post about Eric Dier?!?

Because of the 2 Wolves players , one is an unqualified success thus far who has his own thread and the other nobody really knows about

Back