• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (H) 12/1 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're playing some nice football without too much success. I wish when we're attacking in the final third, the ball invariably has to go back to Coady to start all over again.

Donk with a shank and a half there after some really good play.

Best approach here seems to be to keep attacking - it's the only way of stopping them from attacking us! They are having lots of joy down both flanks (as are we at the other end).

7 shots, 3 on target for us, 2 and 2 for them.

After getting back into it and having a good spell straight after that we kind of faded a bit the last 15 minutes. This could go either way, as both teams are having shaky moments at the back.

Does Rui ever come and claim crosses? That one near the end was one he should have been taking easily. Silva and Semedo need to up their performance or they should be first to come off IMO.

Played well that half. After the Iwobi goal I think we controlled the game. RAN started off a bit shaky with some loose possession but got stronger as an attacking force as the game went on.

Some lovely interplay around the Everton box, MGW playing well and Neves pulling the strings.

Feel we haven't picked up on a couple of good runs Semedo has made, but we've been positive and stretched them on occasion.

Should be going in 2-1 up, but Silva and Donk just don't have the eye of the tiger.

Been OK.

when they get the ball into our half the issue is how passive we are. That’s why they can switch the ball and isolate Digne v Semedo. Semedo has actually been pretty good, as has RAN but both have been exposed a few times in different ways.

been pleased with Gibbs-White, not always come off for him but it’s refreshing having someone trying the riskier passes. Quite happy for him to give the ball away in scenarios like he has where the ones that do come off will create chances.

another issue with our defensive line is how deep it forces Fabio who is covering the left out of possession. Genuinely think if we pressed them we could have some real joy, but it’s not how Nuno sets up out of possession. In a back four, think he’s going to have to rethink that sometimes.

Played well that half. After the Iwobi goal I think we controlled the game. RAN started off a bit shaky with some loose possession but got stronger as an attacking force as the game went on.

Some lovely interplay around the Everton box, MGW playing well and Neves pulling the strings.

Feel we haven't picked up on a couple of good runs Semedo has made, but we've been positive and stretched them on occasion.

Should be going in 2-1 up, but Silva and Donk just don't have the eye of the tiger.
I knew it, you are Dean Saunders!

Training session so far. Think second half will be entertaining. Dont think either team will be happy with one point here.

Semedo should learn that Digne only have a left leg and get on the right side.

Exiting to see Gibbs-White, good on the ball and hopefully one of those passes will connect.

After getting back into it and having a good spell straight after that we kind of faded a bit the last 15 minutes. This could go either way, as both teams are having shaky moments at the back.

Does Rui ever come and claim crosses? That one near the end was one he should have been taking easily. Silva and Semedo need to up their performance or they should be first to come off IMO.
I said it the other day. Ruddy commands the box. Rui not so much recently.

Digne is shit and I will hear no arguments to the contrary.

The ball comes in every time from Semedos side he can't stop a cross coming in.

Semedo has done well going forward but is getting his arse ripped defensively.

The only reason we are where we are in the table is finishing. The chances we have that go begging are the difference between winning and drawing/losing.

Shit first 10, after that we've played pretty well imo. Fucking thing just won't go in for the kid. Semedo is making some terrific runs but he's being ignored more often than not.
They're getting in behind both our fullbacks too often for my liking.
Overall though, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back